Hey there, welcome to this post, This post will provide you with information regarding the Portal – How to use Hammer++ on Linux, and we hope you will find this material helpful.
This guide will teach you how to install Hammer++ on Linux using Portal
Here we are:
1. Open the Portal properties on Steam.
2. Open the compatibility tab
3. Click Force Compatibility button to enable Proton 4.2-4.9.
4. Right-click on Portal and select Browse local files.
5. Copy the contents and paste to a temporary folder. (e.g. /home/[your name]/Downloads/tempbin)
6. Proton can be disabled by going to the Portal’s properties.
7. Wait for your game to update automatically
8. Skip replacing files and copy the contents of the temporary directory into the Portal bin.
9. Download the Hammer++ Source SDK 2013, Singleplayer, from their website.
10. Extract the contents from the file
11. Copy the Hammer++ bin folder that you made into the Portal folder
12. Click “ADD a GAME” and then select a non-Steam game.
13. Click Browse, navigate to the Portal bin folder, and change the File Type at the bottom to All
14. Click on Hammer++ executable
15. Now that you have added it to your Steam Library, click the Hammer++ icon in your library.
16. Click on properties, then click compatibility.
17. Force compatibility for Proton 4.2.1-9
18. Launch Hammer++, and enjoy.
The Portal – How to use Hammer++ on Linux section of this guide has concluded. Please let us know if you have any inquiries or suggestions about how we may enhance this topic. Thank you so much, and I hope you have a fantastic day! I feel it’s important to give credit where credit is due, so I’d like to point out that this tutorial was inspired by a post that whitecat published. Also, if you like the post, don’t forget to add this website to your bookmarks; we publish new posts every day with additional material, so be sure to check back with this website on a regular basis for more posts.
- All Portal Posts List
Leave a Reply