After this guide, you won’t want to but here’s how! I go over the entire process and even give great tips!
So you wanna buy a house?
Disclaimer : This game has one of the worst housing systems that will give you as what could only be described as RNG Agony . Participating in this could lead to unhealthy Irl issues such as but not limited to Sleep deprivation, back pain and even crippling depression. You have been WARNED.
Now If you’re still here it’s because you want to “See what it’s like.” You got it boss!
Prerequisites and where to get/find them.
What you 100% need
This game puts a couple things in your way but nothing too rough.
- Level 50 In at least 1 class.
- Your Grand Company Rank 9 which is Second Lieutenant.
- At least 4 million Gil, You can only buy a small house as your first and those go as high as 3,750,000 (also extra fees)
- The completion of each residential area quest to unlock them. (They’re all blue quests)
- Patience and the willpower of 7 gods.
Residential Area Quests
Where the Heart Is (The Goblet) (Ul’dah) – can be started by speaking to Imme over at Western Thanalan – (X25,Y24)
Where the Heart Is (Lavender Beds) (Gridania) – can be started by having a chat with Margeria in Central Shroud – (X21,Y22)
Where the Heart Is (Mist) (Limsa) – started by conversating with Ahctkoen/Koen in Lower La Noscea – (X32,Y20)
I Dream of Shirogane (Kugane) – only accessible if you own the Stormblood dlc and can be started by finding Tsurubami in Matsuba Gate – (X12,Y9)
It is recommended to complete them all or at least the first three because more spots to buy a house = more chances at getting one. Once completed we move onto navigating the residential area!.
Navigating the Residental Area’s
Once you’ve gotten all the prerequisites finished it’s time to find a plot that’s for sale. This can be done by going to any of the main town aetheryte and you’ll see a new option titled (Residential District Aethernet).When there (Go to specified ward district) and you should look for a gil offer in the place of a name like so.
I’ve underlined an example
- if you DON’T see a gil offer you flip through the many different wards until you do! DON’T forget to search for plots in the 31-60 areas.
- Remember every plot is a chance at a house so don’t skip any of them. Unless there’s a huge concert sized mosh-pit, Then I would highly recommend skipping.
- Don’t just look for plots in the area’s that you want a house in. You can relocate and skip this entire process. If keyword IF you do manage to buy a house the only thing you need is the Gil to buy whatever one is available.
Once you go to the ward with the plot that’s for sale pull up your map and look for the wooden hammer/mallet/gable? icon, (I know it’s the thing that judges use.)
- If your plot was in the 31-60’s go to a mini aetheryte and go to a (SUB DIVISION) to find your desired plot for sale. the teleport automatically puts you on the 1-30 so you need to!
- Press O on your keyboard to pull up the social menu and right click on your name to edit your search info. Set yourself to DO NOT DISTURB. Some competitors will harass you by forcing trade prompts on you as you try to be the buyer.
- Please use the mini aetheryte around the map to your convenience.
- The final step is next prepare yourself!
The make or break (Final Step)
For the best example I’ve went out on the field and went to visit the house from the first underlined screenshot.
- Every house for sale has a placard like this, get used to clicking on these!
- Once you click on the placard, click on “Purchase land” then “Private Individual” as fast as you can. Repeat this until the placard says your characters name.
- The timer indicates the length in time that needs to elapse in order for the house to decrease in price. A house decreasing in price makes more competition arrive because who doesn’t want a cheap house?
- A house can be sold at ANY given time, meaning the house could sell within the next minute, 10 minutes,10 hours or even 24 hours ETC. It’s all about RNG and being at the right place at the right time.
But how do I know if a house is sold?
- The Hammer,Gable,Mallet on your map is silver with a red check mark indicating that it has been sold.
- It’s extremely underwhelming, you literally just click till it says your name. No “you won! congratulation’s” in rainbow text either D:
The STRUGGLE + Tips
Why are we still here just to suffer?
During my on the field research while making this guide, The struggle of buying a house is what makes players not opt into such a tedious and unhealthy process. The screenshot below will give you a taste of a house that I would skip if I were to be in the market for buying a house.
- Houses that continue to decrease in price have a higher likelihood for mosh pits, this one is so bad it’s hard to even target the sign. However It’s still possible by going to the Keybind menu > Targeting > Scroll down to ” Target Nearest Enemy Or NPC” setting that keybind will make actually clicking the placard possible in that scenario.
- Going over to your hud layout settings and edit the “Focus Target Bar” Will also help you tremendously, move it to a place that’s easy to click and make it as big as possible (200%)
- Press your newly set hotkey then on your keyboard press “Shift F” or whatever you have “set target Focus” to.
- Now you can just click on where it says “FOCUS TARGET PLACARD” and it gives you a super fast way of doing it without the added headache of positioning yourself in an awkward angle.
- From my experience (The Goblet) in Ul’dah offers better chances then the other area’s could just be because it’s not as good looking?
- Eat, Stay hydrated and get a good nights sleep. Don’t make this an unhealthy obsession, If you’re going to indulge in house buying just look out for your own health while doing so.
- If a house has too many people, I would highly consider skipping it. More people = lower chances and you should be making decisions that give you the most optimal odds (even if the odds are small anyone that can use a mouse has a chance!)
- One of the best possible chances is if the game goes on maintenance take advantage of that by rushing over to a plot that might be for sale. House timers continue even after maintenance so that’s time that you didn’t have to wait.
After buying a house + Closing Statements
So you’ve bought a house and made it this far huh? I hope your mental isn’t too far gone!
- Go to the housing menu on your plot > Estate hall > Purchase construction permit
- DO NOT BUY A PERMIT FROM THE MARKET BOARD PLEASE!
- Small house permits are 450k, Medium 1mil and large is 3mil.
- You can and SHOULD buy a mini aetheryte can be from market board for cheap gil or from your grand company for 14k seals. This makes it easy for you to teleport back to your new home!
Stay strong out there! this was my first guide ever so I hope it was informative! stay safe and love Vayne. IGN (Vayne Main) (Crystal Brynhildr) (Plot 13, 16th Ward Lavender Beds) completely doxxed myself D:
Hope you enjoy the Guide about FINAL FANTASY XIV Online – Useful Tips on Buying a House – Quest Guide + Keybinds, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Posts List