Hello! my name is Katsura I hope that this guide will help you if your feeling confused on housing and the mechanics of how the housing system works in-game! My first experience with housing was extremely frustrating and annoying so I hope this guide will help make it easier for deciding your housing location and understanding the mechanics in housing!
- Character with level 50 in 1 of the classes.
- Second Lieutenant in 1 of the Grand Companies for Personal Housing. Rank 6 or higher Free Company for Free Company Housing.
- A player and a Free Company can only have 1 house each. If a person wants to have two houses, they need to create/lead a Free Company and then buy one for themselves and one for their Free Company. Private chambers in Free Company houses don’t count. You may see some free companies or players with multiple houses. This was possible to have in the past but with changes made it is no longer possible but those players and FC’s were grandfathered to retain what they had already.
- 2 floors with the bottom being bigger
- 200 pieces of furniture inside / 20 in the yard max
- can have 6 vendors at most
- can have 4 crafting facilities at most
- can only have 1 garden patch (up to 8 beds)
- 3 floors, the house is approximately twice the size of a cottage
- 300 pieces of furniture inside / 30 in the yard max
- can have 8 vendors at most
- can have 6 crafting facilities at most
- can have 2 garden patches (up to 16 beds)
- 3 floors, much larger than a Medium
- 400 pieces of furniture inside / 40 in the yard max
- can have 10 vendors at most
- can have 8 crafting facilities at most
- can have 3 garden patches (up to 24 beds)
- No Private Chambers
- No Company Workshops or Airships
- You can share your estate with up to 3 friends through the tenant system. You can allow them to use your stables, garden, or move and place furniture.
- If the owner, not tennants; doesn’t enter the house in 45 days, it’ll be automatically demolished.
- Private Chambers are available for members for 300,000 gil each
- Company Workshop for Free Company Airship construction. Airship of certain rank unlocks The Diadem (Hard), which can’t be accessed otherwise.
- If offered free Krakka Roots for members, they can feed the stabled chocobos, and they can potentially save the plants in the garden in case they are about to wither and die. While a personal house can have stable and a garden, it’s only up to the owner and the tenants to take care of them
- If no member enters the Free Company house in 45 days, it’ll be automatically demolished.
Players can get a house anywhere regardless of their Grand Company allegiance. There are no difference between the housing wards aside from looks.
New Housing System
With the newest live letter part 65 talks about housing system. There will be new new methods of buying a house. There will be First come First serve wards and there gonna be Lottery wards. Lottery wards are were people purchase and pretty much the winner will get the house everyone else who has entered will get refunded. Lastly there will also be Personal only wards and FC only wards added in as well.
Limsa – The Mist
This residential district is located along a beach waterfront. Housing plots are located on terraces with stone walkways. A large aqueduct extends into the center of the zone. All houses must conform to the “Riviera” style using Lominsan architecture. This district also has the Topmast apartment complex.
The Mist is located in La Noscea. You must have completed the quest Where the Heart Is (The Mist) to unlock this housing area the quest can be found in Lower La Noscea given by Ahctkoen.
Gridania – Lavender Beds
This residential district is located within a forest clearing next to a large lake. Housing plots are located on sloping terraces. The district is decorated with extensive flower beds, and a large tree is found in the back dominating the landscape. All houses must conform to the “Glade” style using Gridanian architecture. This district also has the Lily Hills apartment complex.
Lavender Beds is located in Black Shroud. You must have completed the quest Where the Heart Is (Lavender Beds) to unlock this housing area the quest can be found in Central Shroud by Margeria.
Uldah – Goblet
This residential district is located within a desert canyon carved by a river. Housing plots are located on cliff. A number of windmills supply water to the zone. All houses must conform to the “Oasis” style using Ul’dahn architecture. This district also has the Sultana’s Breath apartment complex.
Goblet is located in Thanalan. You must have completed the quest Where the Heart Is (The Goblet) to unlock this housing area the quest can be found in Western Thanalan given by Imme.
Kugane – Shirogane
This residential district will require you to take a ferry across to reach Shirogane. This Far Eastern Styled housing district offer various unique choices to pick from offering a relaxing view from high up or a refreshing beachfront to relax at offering “Hingan” style with Hingashi architecture. This district also has the Kobai Goten Apartments.
Unlike previous housing districts Shirogane was added in with the Stormblood Expansion which will change the level requirement to unlock this housing area. You will have to complete the quest I dream of Shirogane which is given by Tsurubami. This quest is a level 61 quest.
Ishgard – T.B.A
This section will be updated once Ishgard housing official release is been confirm and updated this is the current speculations on housing!
I wanna just go ahead and give out some tools that helped me get my house! and some tools that should help you get into doing your house!
discord.gg – https://discord.gg/saChECt Sadu’s discord is a community that is ran by players in ffxiv that help make it easier for you to find housing. They are Volunteers that are driven to help the community in housing with pinging you on a plot location that has opened up. Disclaimer This is for NA Server from Sadu’s however they do provide links to other datacenter in there partner and affiliate link!
discord.gg – https://discord.gg/eqdApTJ This one is a amazing tool is great for people who already have a housing and is looking mainly for a relocation downgrading to a small or is looking to upgrade to a medium or large!
There a lot more servers out there but these are some of the few server i use a lot heavily they also have a section for crafters, decorators and gathers to offer their services to you commission base if you so desire the speedy delivery or prehap a interior decorator for your house!
If this guide helps you out a lot please just drop a award,like something to support it my guides will be coming out more often i’m a bit slow and have a lot things on my plate while also trying to maintain the integrity by always keeping them updated if there any new update or changes!
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about FINAL FANTASY XIV Online – How to Get Your Own House in Game Guide + Housing Type Info; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Posts List