Welcome to this post This Warhammer: Vermintide 2 – Skulls Event and Gameplay Guide was written to be of use to you, and we genuinely hope that it is.
A guide to telling you interesting facts about skulls and the difficulties of stealing them from people. If you count skaven and northlanders as people.
To keep it simple, “Khorne Level” (or “KL” for short)
What’s a “Khorne Level”?
Just a shortcut for “skull amount collected” to make formatting a little easier on me. Its not an actual in-game name, I made it up!
You wouldnt want to read “When 1 skull collected XYZ” over and over right?
Now, lets get into the data shall we?
Skulls give you the “Khorne Level” KL for short. One skull = one level.
You can have a KL up to 5.
If 5 or more skulls are collected, the mission will have “Send in the next wave!” enabled permanently.
Unfortunately, levels accomplished while the challenge is active do not contribute toward deed progression.
The Skulls can be found in regular campaign objectives. They will also be available in Twitch Mode and Weekly Challenges. But no skulls will be found in Chaos Wastes, Weaves, or Deeds.
You will not find pictures of buff skulls in here.
Each KL gives one buff and you keep the buffs from the previous levels.
The buffs per level are the following:
KL 1 = 15% Power Level
KL 2 = 12% Attack Speed
KL 3 = 20% Crit Chance
KL 4 = 20% Movement Speed
KL 5 = 25% Cooldown Regeneration (this works on OE ult!)
The higher your KL the lower the buff duration will be. Making it more difficult to keep the buffs.
All buffs share the same duration.
KL 1 stays active for 60 seconds before decaying.
KL 2 for 50 seconds.
KL 3 for 40 seconds.
KL 4 for 30 seconds.
KL 5 for 20 seconds.
Buff Decayed? Oh no…
What happens when your buff runs out? Well you start bleedin’ you lucky bleeder!
And here is how much damage you take!
KL 1, you take 1% of your max HP in damage each tick (19 ticks total).
KL 2, you take 2% max HP per tick.
KL 3, 3% max HP per tick.
KL 4, 4% max HP per tick.
KL 5, 5% max HP per tick.
- The damage CANNOT down the player.
- The tickrate is roughly 1 second and the debuff lasts for a total of 20 seconds. Why is it only 19 ticks then? That I cannot tell you. But what I can tell you is that its consistently 19 ticks.
- Damage below 1 is not rounded up. (if you have 150 HP, you take 1,5 damage a tick at KL 1!)
- Damage taken by this triggers things like “Ablative Armor” (so you lose stacks!), be aware of playing Unchained!
- Damage can be reduced by invulnerbility or damage reduction. (the property on necklaces “Damage reduction vs Area Damage” works on this too).
- Effects like the grim curse reducing your max HP will not reduce the damage taken by the decay bleed!
- You can cancel this effect by collecting another skull. Even if you have the KL 5 decay going on, picking up a skull will result you going back to the KL 1 buff. Which means you will take less damage if that runs out!
How2stop decay NOW!
Lets explain it in some simple terms. You need 5 tokens (which you gain by, you guessed it, killing enemies) to refresh the duration of your buffs.
Easy enough, now lets get into the details!
- Each KL needs the same amount and no changes to the amount of tokens enemies give.
- Elites and specials only include enemies of that type if not mentioned by name in any other section!
- “Refresh” simply means you will always refresh your buffs if you kill the enemies in that section.
no token = critters (rat+pig)/loot rat (lol)
1 token = slaverat/clanrat/fanatic/ungor/archer
2 tokens = clanrat+shield/marauder/gor
3 tokens = marauder+shield
1 refresh = Blightstormer/Elites
1 refresh + 2 tokens = Bosses/Chaos Warrior
1 refresh + 3 tokens = Specials/Stormvermin+Shield/Bestigor
Btw. for anyone who isnt aware. The Beastmen Standard Bearer is considered a special despite acting more like an elite.
You can also collect skulls to refresh the timer.
But this part is not useful if you try to keep yourself at a lower KL than 5 since that will automatically put you up 1 KL after all.
A lil fun fact.
Since you made it through this skully guide, have a fun fact!
A fun fact!
As soon as your health has been depleted, all buffs/debuffs of the KL will be immediately lost, meaning skull collecting will restore them and protect you from losing health quickly. Now that you have this knowledge at your fingertips, head out into the field and collect some skulls! Just like Khor- erm SIGMAR intended!
Thank you for reading the Warhammer: Vermintide 2 – Skulls Event and Gameplay Guide, and we sincerely hope that you found them to be of use. We encourage you to report any mistakes or ideas for enhancements in the section below, and we will fix them as quickly as possible. Today, I send you my very best wishes. The author and creator Emilia Tempest inspired this post. Also, don’t forget to add us to your bookmarks if you like the post; we publish new posts every day with additional material, so visit us frequently for more posts.
- All Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Posts List