Hi, welcome to this post, We hope you find this Darkest Dungeon® II – Discard Tier Guide useful.
Behold, wayfarer! Before you lies an unknowable depths – an ethereal landscape filled with unsettling horrors and labyrinthine perils of the Darkest Dungeon’s unhallowed world; uncertainty stalks every step as indecision clings like an unyielding presence.
Yet herein lies your salvation, an oasis of calm in an otherwise chaotic world. With it comes an aid forged from experience and refined with simple logic: prioritization! Within its pages lies the key to unchaining yourself from materialistic burdens which threaten your mental stability.
This evidence of knowledge is more than an accumulation of trinkets and artifacts; instead, it serves as an oasis in an otherwise overwhelming chaos, an anchor that sheds light into an otherwise hopelessly dark world. It illuminates your path towards discernment so that you may discard with certainty while holding on securely to what matters to you.
In a world where reality bends under pressure from otherworldly forces, this guide serves as your steady compass, reliable yet unforgiving. Although no promises of ease are made herein; rather it brings clarity amid chaos. An invaluable companion on your voyage into madness that is the Darkest Dungeon; prepare yourself to face its unknown aspects with confidence and an understanding that surpasses any prior experiences.
Tier 1: Essential Items – Rarely Discard
These are items that are typically integral to your run. They should only be discarded under extreme circumstances:
Relics – As the main currency in the game, relics are essential for coach upgrades. Always prioritize keeping these.
Combat Items (e.g., Powders, Concoctions, and Bombs) – These can drastically change the outcome of brutal battles. You have to balance using them frequently, but do not waste them.
- Chalk Dust – Removes enemy stealth. This can be discarded first if stealth enemies are not as common, and there are other ways to deal with them.
- Neutralizing Powders – Buffs blight resistance. If you’re not fighting blight-inflicting enemies, it’s less valuable.
- Clotting Powders – Buffs bleed resistance. Same reasoning as above, but for bleed instead of blight.
- Ablative Powders – Buffs burn resistance—same reasoning but for the burn.
- Antivenom – Cures blight and heals. More useful if facing blight-inflicting enemies.
- Bandages – Cures bleed and heal. More useful if facing bleed-inflicting enemies.
- Burn Salve – Cures burn and heals. More useful if facing burn-inflicting enemies.
- Noisemaker – Adds taunt and block. More useful if you have a tanky character to draw attacks.
- Adrenaline Tonic – Heals 50% HP and +1 Stress if HP < 50%. Useful for emergencies.
- Medicinal Herbs – Cures bleed, blight, or burn. Versatile and good to keep.
- Pouch of Lye – Clears all Corpses. Essential for clearing enemy corpses and speeding up battles.
- A Glimmer of Hope – +15 Flame. Keep this till last as keeping your flame high is crucial.
Tier 2: Valuable Resources – Discard With Caution
These items are valuable, but if you’re in a tight spot, you might have to let some of them go:
Bauble – This alternate currency can be used for purchases at The Hoarder, but isn’t as essential as Relics.
Provisions (e.g., Slime Mold, Stale Bread, Flapjacks) – These are useful for in-coach healing and stress relief. If your party is in good shape, you may consider discarding some.
- Calming Incense – -2 Stress. Discard this first if stress management isn’t an issue.
- Stale Bread – Restores 10% HP. Discard earlier if healing isn’t a concern.
- Flapjacks – Restores 15% HP. Same reasoning as above.
- Apples & Cheese – Restores 20% HP. Same reasoning as above.
- Stitching Kit – Heals 25% HP. Same reasoning as above.
- Invigorating Stew – Increases maximum HP until next Inn. Keep this for tough battles.
- Restorative Herbs – Increases healing received until next Inn.
- Whiskey Barrel – Inn Item – High chance of positive affinity, low chance of negative affinity, -2 stress.
- BOOK: My Time in the Desert – Inn Item – Chance to spawn a stealth token each round until next inn.
- Whetstone – Inn Item – 50% chance to grant Dodge or Dodge+.
- Blasphemous Idol – Inn Item – Chance to spawn positive token each combat turn until next inn.
- Nightshade Concoction – Inn Item – +20% Deathblow Resistance.
- Poetry – Inn Item – -5 stress to one target.
- Steak & Spuds – Inn Item – Restores 30% HP, +10% DOT Resists.
- Songbook of Rousing Tunes – Inn Item – Effects the party, +2 Speed [Until next Inn] and -2 Stress.
- Book of Bawdy Tales – Inn Item – -4 stress.
- Wild Tea – Inn Item – Purges a negative quirk.
- Whiskey Flask – Inn Item – -2 Stress. BLOCKED BY: Resolution.
- Whittling Tools – Inn Item – -3 Stress. BLOCKED BY: Boisterous.
- Impermeable Poultice – Inn Item – + blight token status effect BLOCKED BY: Germophobe.
- Invigorating Stew – Inn Item – 2 Targets. Increases maximum HP until next Inn.
- Soothing Poultice – Inn Item – + burn token status effect until next Inn.
Tier 3: Least Necessary – Usually Discard
These items are generally less valuable and can be discarded unless they have an immediate use:
Unused Trinkets – While trinkets can be beneficial, if you have extras that you don’t plan on using, these can be discarded to make room for more necessary items.
Unused Stagecoach Upgrades – If you have stagecoach upgrades that don’t fit with your current strategy or that you don’t plan on using, these can also be discarded. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2977591040 – [steamcommunity.com]
So now, dear wanderer, as our journey through this complex collection of prioritizations draws to its climactic conclusion, no longer must you trudge blind through the fog of uncertainty with an overwhelming trove of oddities in tow.
However, whatever dark forces may be present can distort reality into an endless maze of despair; at least your material burden does not further add to its burdensome presence and its palpable fearfulness.
Your journey lies ahead is beset with darkness and terrors unknown, yet your understanding will serve as a guiding light, cutting through its depths like an illuminating beacon.
As you delve deeper into this shadow-shrouded realm, keep this guidance in mind as a source of guidance – but remember no codex of wisdom is infallible; trust in your instincts instead and allow the journey itself to influence and shape your decisions.
May you always walk with reason at your back, and may the ravenous terrors that lurk within the Darkest Dungeon be subdued by your resolve and illumination. Conquer your fears head-on, embrace what lies beyond, and continue on your journey – through fear and madness, may victory be yours!
For Darkest Dungeon® II – Discard Tier Guide, see this guide. Please let us know in the comments below if you find anything incorrect or outdated, and we will attend to it as quickly as possible. I hope that today turns out well for you. The writings of creator and author James Jedi served as inspiration for this entry. Also, if you like the post, don’t forget to add us to your bookmarks; we publish new posts every day with additional material, so be sure to check back with us frequently for more posts.
- All Darkest Dungeon® II Posts List
Leave a Reply