Sharing some gameplay tips to make your life easier.
Nᴇᴄᴇssᴇ’s ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴇʀ, Fᴀɪʀ, ᴄʜɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪs ᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
Hello there! I see you’re enjoying this amazing game, but what’s better than a good game? Some good ol’ tips n’ tricks to make your gameplay even more enjoyable! After 50+ hours playing Necesse I’ve curated some tips that sometimes players forget/ignore or even don’t know they exist. Of course, some players may know already but, regardless, I wanted to share. This is my first time making a guide, so I might add more stuff later. Feel free to comment/suggest anything.
This guide contains information about the campaign natural progression (items you will obtain, bosses, mid-end game stuff), if you wish to avoid that, please leave this page, you have been warned.
#1 – Give a Fellow Old Man a Hand With His Quests
Please, don’t be like me that keeps exploring/killing monsters and forgets to do quests. Settlement quest rewards from the Elder are super useful. Here’s why:
- Tired of getting your inventory full in the middle of that cave exploration session? Say no more! Get some extras slots with the Void Pouch;
- Tired of wasting slots from your ammo? Our homie Elder got you with the Ammo Pouch;
- Too many slots dedicated to food? Wait until you get a Lunchbox;
- When you get Homestone and Waystone duo unlocked, you will transcend;
- Recall flask is a good alternative to save money from normal Recall Teleport scrolls;
- Coin pouch is bae ♥;
- The Hoverboard will blow your mind (wait to see the BONUS segment).
#2 – Notable Settlers
Every settler’s role is important, however some are remarkably important:
- Magesare 3-in-1 package. They can sell Homestone/Waystone (after Swamp Guardian quest from Elder), Recall/Travel Scrolls (I personally don’t use boats anymore, only travel scrolls) and they can enchant your Tools, Weapons, Armor and Trinkets, for a sum of gold.
- Farmers in my case are my cash cow. I have almost an acre of wheat being planted and harvested 24/7 so I can sell to my spoiled farmer. I say spoiled due to I have one max happiness farmer which is my wheat/sunflower buyer. The reason why is due the change of prices regarding happiness level, as you guessed, more happiness, higher buy prices, more money for me hehe.
- Broken Pirate is my Wal-Mart. Yes, the money I earn from the farmer I mostly spend on my patched-eye gentleman buying dynamite sticks so I can blow the hell out of caves for stone/ores and speed up my exploring process. I quite enjoy this step, quite BOOMIN’.
- Explorer is my final honorable mention of all my settlers. Currently in this version of the game, there’s NO way to send settlers to “mine” rocks/ores for you, however, you can send your Explorer to expeditions and usually they brind some ores back to you.
- P.S: Anglers (Fishermen) are good if you’re struggling getting exotic fishes for your potions, you can send them to catch for you
#3 – Teleportation is Key!
Remember ? and ?
This will make your life easier, oh boy, HELLA EASY!
Remember the walk of shame going to the boss that pwned you? I know that feeling, however, we can skip the walk part. Before facing a boss or going to a far away and potential dangerous island, I’d recommend you placing the Waystone so you can teleport from the Homestone to your placed Waystone. Even to farm stone or dungeon walls, you can place the Waystone inside caves, they really useful. You have no idea the time I saved by placing one Waystone right before the last boss lair, I must have died like 10 times hahaha.
#4 – Slow Down the Raiders
Tired of those nasty raiders getting in your base and attacking your villagers? Slow them down!
The image below shows my base’s entrance, well, this “entrance” is literally a maze. Yes! A maze, with lots of turns. I’ve built a large arrival area full of traps (as you can see on the left side there are traps, meanwhile for comparison, on the right side there are none). To obtain traps you first need to explore dungeons (caves) and use the pickaxe on the trap tile (types: void, arrow, flame).
Depending on the size of the raid, it can be effective or not, but surely it can slow down some enemies.
#5 – Don’t Ignore the Dummy
Ever wondered which gear/weapon is better? Which combination has the best DPS?
Training Dummy can show you your current hits and the most important: your current DPS! Seriously, build at least one in your base.
*BONUS* They See Me Hoverin’ They Hatin’
Have you ever gone to a cave and there was a section where the layout was only a narrow tile to safely pass and after dodging you got burn damage by missing a tile? After you unlock the possibly one of the best items in game aka Hoverboard you gonna love doing this:
ᴛʜɪs ɪs sᴏ sᴀᴛɪsғʏɪɴɢɢɢ
Necesse’s Official Wiki!
If you’re a nerd like myself that need more information about an specific item or have any doubts, don’t hesitate to check Necesse’s Official Wiki. It’s under heavy construction but each time I searched for an item it gave me good and essential information. This guide wouldn’t be possible without it, massive love to Necesse Official Wiki ♥.
LINK TO THE OFFICIAL NECESSE WIKI – [necessewiki.com]
If you made to here, thanks ladies and gentlemen!.
I will try to keep this guide updated as much as I can. Thanks to everybody playing this amazing game, Fair as the game creator, Necesse Official Wiki, Discord/Steam Community forums for Q&As. Comment any feedback if you wish. See you around!
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Necesse – Gameplay tips and Weapons Guide; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Necesse Posts List