How to Get High FPS Using Text File Commands in ARK: Survival Ascended
Hey there, fellow survivor! Are you tired of choppy gameplay while battling dinosaurs or building forts in ARK? Well, guess what? You can significantly improve your gaming experience with some super simple tweaks. And no, you don’t need to be a tech wizard for this! Let’s boost your FPS (that’s frames per second) and make everything smoother. Ready to feel like you’ve just upgraded your PC? Let’s dive in!
Where to Tuck in Those Magic Commands
Alright, here’s the secret sauce: we’re going to create a text file with special commands and slip it into the game’s folder. Think of it as slipping a note under someone’s door – that’s how easy it is! Just pop this file into the ‘binaries’ folder, right under ‘Win64’. Picture walking this path:
\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Binaries\.txt. Simple, right?
Now, getting these commands to spring into action is just as easy. Open the game’s console and type “exec \.txt” (skip the quotes, though!). You can name the file whatever helps you remember what it’s for. Something like “fpsboost.txt” works, and you’d activate it with: exec fpsboost.txt. Easy peasy!
Here are the spells – ahem, commands – to write in your magic scroll:
- r.Streaming.PoolSize 0 – Think of this as shrinking the swimming pool of data the game dips into.
- r.Nanite.MaxPixelsPerEdge 4 – This one’s like trimming a pixel hedge for the tidiest edges.
- r.Lumen.ScreenProbeGather.RadianceCache.ProbeResolution 16 – It’s like turning down the thermostat, but for probe checks.
- r.Shadow.Virtual.Enable 0 – Shadows can be a drag. This is your ‘no more hide and seek’ command.
- r.VolumetricCloud.ViewRaySampleMaxCount 64 – Less is more when sampling views in the cloud department.
- r.VolumetricRenderTarget.Mode 3 – Targets how we deal with volumetric stuff in a neat mode.
- r.VolumetricCloud.StepSizeOnZeroConservativeDensity 4 – A bit of a mouthful, but it steps up the game for cloud rendering!
And hey, want to push it even further? Try the r.volumetricCloud 0 command. Fair warning, though: it’ll nix the clouds completely, but your game could run faster by about 20 FPS! Worth it? Your call!
So there you go, friend! Set these up, and you’re on your way to a smoother, cooler ARK experience. Ready to give it a shot? Go on, your adventure awaits, now in high-definition speed!
- All Ark: Survival Ascended Posts List