How to Enable RT Ray Reconstruction in Cyberpunk 2077: A Comprehensive Guide
If you’ve noticed some glitches in Cyberpunk 2077, don’t fret. I’ve got your back! Let’s dive into the steps to get things running smoothly and glitch-free.
Step 1: Get the Game Up and Tweak Those Graphics Settings
First off, fire up the game and give the graphics settings a tweak. Set everything just the way you like it. This action will update the UserSettings.json file, which is typically in AppData/Local/CDProjekt Red. And hey, don’t forget to turn on “Ray Reconstruction without Path tracing” for that sweet performance boost.
Step 2: Time for a Quick UserSettings.json Edit
- Alright, grab a text editor, like Notepad, and open up the UserSettings.json file.
- In there, you’ll spot the “DLSS_D” option. Go ahead and switch its “value” to True.
- This action enables DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling), a fancy tech that’ll elevate graphics and game performance.
Step 3: Save and Close,
- Once you’ve tweaked what needs tweaking, save and close the UserSettings.json file.
- Launch the game, and even if DLSS seems like it’s not available, you should now see it’s “On”.
- it’s working in the background to minimize those glitches and give you a more seamless playthrough.
Stick to these steps; you should notice fewer glitches in Cyberpunk 2077. Always save your game often and keep those graphics drivers fresh for peak performance.
Here’s another option: how to fix it!
Step 1: Adjust Those Cyberpunk 2077 Settings
Begin with your usual Cyberpunk 2077 setting adjustments. Once done, you’re set for the next steps.
Step 2: Find the UserSettings.json File
Head to the OC folder on your PC. Navigate to \Users\(userName)\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077. That’s where the UserSettings.json file hangs out. Open with a text editor of your choice.
Step 3: Toggle the DLSS_D Switch
Within the UserSettings.json file, seek out the DLSS_D option. You’ll want to switch its value to true.
Optional: Lock It Down as Read-Only
If you’re feeling extra cautious, set the file to “Read-only” in its properties. It ensures that neither you nor the game can mess with the DLSS_D setting.
Turning on DLSS_D might drop the FPS for some players, but the visuals often look crisper on the flip side. This trade-off happens because NVIDIA Real-Time Denoisers (NRD) and NVIDIA Ray Reconstruction AI run at the same time. Let’s hope CDPR and NVIDIA fine-tune this so we can enjoy DLSS_D Path tracing.
- All Cyberpunk 2077 Posts List