This guide refers to a selection of beneficial insider knowledge and sound guidance for new Floodland players; this includes general information for new players.
VIP first step and general information
build the study as the top priority and use academic debate. It is the only way to research with no relics. You could end up breaking your session if you don’t do this. You won’t be able to continue the story or find any relics and, therefore, won’t make any progress. In my first run of), (happened.
Explore all production capabilities for each building. You can switch some of them to other modes by selecting it from the drop-down menu. The following (can be used in a study: pic)
– Do not add the new clan to the quest immediately. Instead, explore the ruins and use your pathfinders to uncover the entire map and maximize research.
– Have enough housing for everyone
– When adding new clans, move them to a new island, and all their members will migrate there. This will prevent a feedback loop of unrest.
– The clan you find in a building’s building is RANDOM. Sometimes reloading may be a good idea.
Each clan should have its study. This makes it easier to manage their learning.
Sometimes you will find people without clans in ruins. These are the people you can grab immediately to boost your ranks.
It is a benefit to specialize in each clan.
Clan 1 is responsible for farming and specs, clan 2 handles iron production and smithing, clan 3 handles the cooking, and clan 4 handles the woodwork.
2000000 is the max level of specialist. Before you waste time or books, check if you have reached this cap. This means a clan can only be level 3 in one field. !
– Use the study to level up your clan. You can research self-learning or an academy(using books). There are so many books that you don’t need to worry about.
Check the beliefs of any clan you add to your family. Some clans are only one clan, but for their icon. Click on the Clan Profile button at the lower left corner. Select a clan and hover above the description (. See pic).
Reduce your fishing and foraging staff to one person as soon as possible. Fishes and mushrooms don’t grow fast enough for a crew of three.
A small farm with an Insect Farm will provide safe food in large quantities for many people.
Storage and scavenging
– The STORAGE is global. This means that even in different areas, you won’t run out of food or water as long as another island produces enough. This allows for specialization as previously mentioned.
Remember that collector houses will have a larger radius, so it is sometimes not worth building two.
Your critters will love you for building paths.
– You can return to the lockpick/rope house later. Grab what you can in the first run, and unlock the second part later.
Do not be afraid to demolish buildings such as the sorting lodge. Rubbish is plentiful. There is so much rubbish, in fact:
You can UNCHECK treasures that are found in houses. E.g., I uncheck all rubbish because it just keeps piling up. This allows you to grab all the good stuff and doesn’t force your pathfinders into returning.
It took me a while to find it, as I believed it was only informational. Then I clicked on one of the treasures, which displayed a little red cross instead.
Despite building a lot and recycling it for plastics, I am at 5K rubbish capacity. I would say that you don’t need a sorting room for it. Instead, grab whatever is available.
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Floodland – Beginner’s Tips and Tricks, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Floodland Posts List