In order to install the SNES Final Fantasy VI font to use in the Pixel Remaster games, you will need to download the font_en.bundle and font_ja.bundle files that have been modified to contain the new font. I have packaged the files into drive.google.com – https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Nqm6WrsuhkNiu1Y3ptWYGLQnclMD2ko/view?usp=sharing.
Replace .bundle Files
Open the folder containing the font bundle files for the Pixel Remaster game you wish to modify:
- Right-click on the game in your Steam library.
- Click on Manage->Browse Local Files. This will open the game folder in a file explorer window.
- Go to FINAL FANTASY_Data\StreamingAssets. The FINAL FANTASY_Data folder will have a different name based on the Pixel Remaster game that you are modding.
- Save copies of the font_en.bundle and font_ja.bundle files and save them somewhere else. This will allow you to revert the change if you want to go back to the original font.
- Extract the files in the snes-ff6-font.zip you downloaded into the StreamingAssets folder. If you didn’t delete the old bundle files, you will be asked to replace them.
- Close the file explorer window and start the game!
Enjoy the SNES FF6 Font!
Here are some screenshots from Final Fantasy I using the SNES FF6 font:
This is all about FINAL FANTASY – Font for Pixel Remaster Games + Replacing Font Tutorial Guide; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All FINAL FANTASY Posts List