At time of writing steam screenshots are not working for Distant Worlds 2 – The process in this guide describes how you can upload screenshots manually.
Creating Manual Screenshots
I’ve had someone asking for more detail on how I got my screenshots uploaded so have produced this short guide.
Here is the full process I followed to create screenshots for DW2:
1. Print screen using print screen button.
2. Save file in this format “20220310174027_1”, based on date format YMDHMS followed by “_1”
3. Move file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<some number>\<some other number>\remote\1531540\screenshots – Items in <> will vary by user I believe one maybe an individuals steam account id.
4. Create a a thumbnail 200px wide (height depends on aspect ratio) and save here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<some number>\<some other number>\remote\1531540\screenshots\thumbnails
5. Fully exit steam (not just close window), relaunch and screenshots will appear in screenshot updater as normal.
I hope this helps.
This is all about Distant Worlds 2 – How to Upload Steam Screenshots; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Distant Worlds 2 Posts List