Pre-Heist Decisions – What decisions need to be made before starting
This will guide you through what decisions need to be made BEFORE you start the heist mission. If some of these have already been decided, then you will need to annihilate yourself to change them. Keep in mind there may be a combination that is do-able not like the one I describe below. HOWEVER, no companion relationship can be “terrible”. Once it reaches that low they leave. So the decisions described below allow you to have all companions with you. One of them will be Bad reputation, but that’s enough for them to go with you and I don’t think it impacts the endings at all. I will mark important decisions that are required/influence decisions directly in the final mission with a IMPORTANT tag/letter in front of it. So lets get started
- Destroy the Moscow Eye
- Destroy Tarakan’s Notes
- Only steal a few bullets from the NAR shipment (Olivier’s preference)
- IMPORTANT – Save/Recruit Tarakan
- Disarm Tarakan’s Traps at his hideout
- Burn/Destroy Tarakan’s Data at his old hideout
- Wipe out NAR servers
- IMPORTANT – Spare Professor Semonov at the Kindergarten
- IMPORTANT – Save Mikhail and Recruit Him
- Surrender to NAR when you get the plans
- Save Mikhail’s friend
- IMPORTANT – At the NAR Base kill Semonov
- Do not shoot down the NAR helicopter – Might be able to do this one to bring Mikhails relationship up to neutral, but this will lower Oliver’s to neutral too
- IMPORTANT– Recruit Sashko
- IMPORTANT – Spare the Traitor (Kostya) who got the supplies before you
- Use the detonator when Sashko tells you to against the rats
- IMPORTANT – Release Kostya
- IMPORTANT – Do NOT assist Kostya in his plan to overthrow Matvey
- IMPORTANT – Recruit Olga
- Do not blow up the NAR checkpoint for Sashko
- IMPORTANT – Release Glyeb to the Village. DO NOT keep him in the cell
- Do not kill the NAR scientist, only read/gather information
- IMPORTANT – Kidnap Kozlov
- Turn off the electricity to set the shadows upon the NAR
- IMPORTANT – Do NOT kill Kozlov at the end of the interrogation
- Talk about your connection to the Black Stalker by revealing you know who he is
- Keep working with Olivier after his treason is revealed
- IMPORTANT – Tell Kozlov where to find his nephew (Glyeb)
Decisions To Make During Heist
These are decisions to make during the heist to get past the various checkpoints. Again some choices may work that I didn’t try. However, this is the route that worked for me. This is also assuming you picked the right companions for each job. Sashko and Olivier as Infiltrators. Mikhail as Spy. Tarakan as Technician. And Olga as sniper. These suggestions should be in the order you come across them.
- Take the Alternate Route to get past the guards at the front gate
- Have the Technician overload the gates
- Have Olga kill the Sniper at the first gate
- Have Tarakhan/Technician disable the power in the tunnels
- Use your disguise and pass phrase to get past the enemies in the golden hallway
- Agree to the Spy Plan to get past the scientists in the reactor room
- Go through the alternate route (vents) at the rigged gate
- Use Sashko’s bombs at the door/gate inside the prison room
- If you followed the other section, Koslov will distract the guards at the fuse box
Past this point, everyone should live. You will have a few decisions to make which will impact the ending and what happens to Clone Igor. But as far as I can tell, these are not impacted by the previous decisions in the game.
Why These Decisions Matter
This section will explain why these decisions matter in the final story. So you understand why you’re doing what you’re doing. This was discovered by me through a lot of trial and error. A great many annihilation and reloads were done haha. Probably spent 5 hours figuring it out in the last mission. I wont go over why you recruit the companions because they’re pretty much required. So self explanatory.
Pre-Heist Decisions – The Why
- Sparing the professor at the kindergarten – The reason you do this is because you need the professors help in getting a map for the final mission. This map will help you find the alternate routes, which is used at the first gate and the rigged/trap gate. I will say at the first gate I think you can use the prisoner routine and still get through. It doesn’t immediately cause the death of anyone, but not sure if it will later on in the mission.
- Killing the professor at the NAR base – The reason you do this at this point is because of the Professor lives, he will set a trap for you and your infiltrators in the final mission in the prison scene. This will cause the death of one of your Infiltrators no matter what. So he needs to die so that he is unable to set this trap
- Sparing Kostya – The reason you are so nice to our friend Kostya is because that is required to recruit Ogla I believe. I made some of the opposite decisions and it seemed to result in her hating me because of the harm that would come to Kostya
- Not helping in Kostya’s Plan – The reason you do this is because if you do help him, that will later on result in the destruction of the village. I’ll go into why you don’t want to destroy the village below
- Release Glyeb to the Village – Glyeb needs to be your friend. He wants to leave the cage. Even if he is safer in there, he will not like you if you keep him in there. His rapport is required to convince the general to help you later on. So he needs to be released.
- Kidnap Kozlov – Kozlov cannot die. I’m sure many, like myself, got stuck at the fuse box. Mikhail hints at what needs to be done, we need someone on the inside. Kozlov was the only one I could think of so I annihilated and started unraveling the puzzle of how to get him to help us. So no matter what, Kozlov cannot die. You kidnap him. You interrogate him. You let him go.
- Where to find Glyeb/Kozlov Help – After you release Kozlov above, in a day he will give you a mission of the radio. You’ll discover Olivier’s treachery. But Kozlov also mentions he is looking for his Nephew, which is Glyeb. Now if you left him in his cage, Kozlov will go and rescue him. HOWEVER, Glyeb will not ask Kozlov to help you because Glyeb doesn’t like you. You didn’t release him. BUT if you release Glyeb to the village and the village didn’t get destroyed by the NAR, then Kozlov will find Glyeb + Glyeb will like you and want to help you. If you helped Kostya with his plan to overthrow the village leader, then this will result in the village being destroyed. Which kills Glyeb which doesn’t help Kozlov.
Finally at the fuse box, Kozlov will now distract the guards to help you.
Heist Decisions – The Why
- Gate Decisions – the alternate route gets past the gate without anyone dying
- Technician Overload Gates – The technician here overloads the gates so it doesn’t set off any alarms and no off map companions die from their actions
- Olga kills the Sniper – The technician cannot help you here. Doing his route will not work and kill one of your companions. You cannot use Sashko’s bombs here because you will need his bomb later on. So the only choice that works is having Olga kill the sniper. This allows the alarm to go off on the door without attracting attention
- Disabling the Power – You cannot disable the power yourself. If you do so, it removes it at the start, but it is still not safe. This will result in one of your companions being electrocuted
- Use your disguise and pass phrase to get past the guards at the golden hallway – I think Olga here can kill them without any issues. I think this is another case where two choices work. But for me the pass phrase worked fine
- Agree to the Spy Plan – Another duo selection I believe. I think the power and radio spy plan both work here. However, the Power will cause Olga to retreat (the sniper). I’m not sure how that impacts the ending as I went with the spy plan on my final attempt. However, previous attempts I did the power and nobody died immediately. Olga just disappeared/retreated
- Go through alternate vent route – Any other attempt will result in a companion death I believe here from the door setting off an alarm. The vent route will allow you to bypass this obstacle without anyong dying
- Sashko’s Bombs – This is another case where this is the only decision that wont cause someone to die. All other options will result in someone dying, including an off screen companion (technician).
- Fuse Box – Kozlov will work his magic here
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Chernobylite – How to Complete The Final Mission + Tips and Tricks, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Chernobylite Posts List