1. Getting hildryn
Hildryn is not too popular, because she comes from a source that needs a lot of grind. AKA Vox Solaris rank 2 which needs Solaris united rank 5 and the Profit taker boss fight completed.
Her main parts drop from the exploiter orb boss fight.
She also needs some materials from the orb vallis, so if you want her, get ready for a bit of grinding.
There are lots of guides to defeat exploiter out there, so this guide will focus on playing as hildryn herself.
2. Modding Hildryn and the important stats
Hildryn, as you already know, is a shield oriented frame. Which means she uses her shields as energy. This opens her up to a good spot in the modding department.
– Duration: Duration doesn’t matter too much with hildryn, but you should keep it over 50% and under 100%. This connects to her 2 later in the guide.
– Efficiency: You can put on blind rage and forget about this stat. With how fast hildryn regains shields, efficiency can stay at 45% and you can play like you would normnally do.
– Range: Finally, an important stat. This stat affects all her abilities except her second which is dependent on duration for it’s range. Having it around 145% -175% is a good enough range.
– Strength: This stat makes hildryn shine. Because of no efficiency needed you can go up to 300% with no major hits to your kit.
This is my universal hildryn build, and it serves me perfectly. 3 forma have been used for this build.
3. Balefire launcher
Her first ability, balefire launcher, is a powerful exhalted which takes from hildryns shields as ammo.
You will propably use it all the time with hildryn, as it is VERY powerful. It is a none-stat weapons, instead doing pure big-number damage.
It is also affected by power strength, meaning more strenght = more damage.
This is my build, 3 forma used to make it deal big damage.
Elements are up to preference, as the weapons only element and damage type by default is electricity, corrosive and heat /// magnetic and heat are good options for grineer/corpus.
As said before, range affects the blast radius, going up to 4 meters at 145% and 5 meters at 175%. This makes the weapon far more effective at enemy clearing. This here is a presentation of my hildryn + balefire builds on lvl 155 corrputed heavy gunners.
You can also charge it for more damage, which can help with heavy units.
Hildryns second ability, and her most useful one too. Casting pillage strips an amount of enemy and shields, giving it back to hildryn as shields and overshields.
Now onto pillage tricks.
– Range only affects the initial radius of the pulse, duration makes it go further.
– With a lot of power strenght, you can eaisly s*rip most of enemy armor.
– Between 50% – 100% duration the ability is very spammable without needing to cancel it yourself.
– With the blazing pillage augment, enemies affected by her 3 are set on fire, which scales incrdibly well and destory enemies eaisly. The fire damage starts falling off at levels higher than 100 on enemies like heavy gunners, but is still great for CC and killing fodder enemies.
– This ability removes statuses from hildryn and allies who pass through the pulse.
Pillage armor s*rip:
Haven, aka the support ability. But is it?
This ability does a lot of things. It drains shields per enemy/ally in the radius. For allies, it gives them more shield capacity (as long as they are in hildryns radius and not behind objects), regenerates allies shields and gives them hildryns passive, AKA longer shield gating.
Like seen in the pillage section, the blazing pillage augment makes this even better, by giving hildryn CC when regaining shields. Always have this ability turned on.
6. Aegis Storm
Arguably hildryns least useful ability, it still finds some usefulness in certain scenarios.
Hildryn starts flying and a field creates around hildryn. The fields range is dependent on how high hildryn is. The field lifts enemies and makes them poop out energy orbs, which can be useful for teammates. The only weapon that’s useable in the mode is the balefire charger.
The shield drain on this ability is high and you cannot use pillage in it, making it much weaker and only useful sometimes.
Aegis storms lifting and range mechanics:
7. The game plan
So we know the basics, how do we fuse that all into a good game loop to destroy our enemies?
Well then. The most important thing is to have your 3 on at ALL times. This synergizes with blazing pillage. Speaking of, you will be spamming pillage a lot to replenish shields and set enemies around you on fire for CC and killing. Your 1 will become your main weapon when playing as hildryn. Occasionally you can use your 4 to CC very big groups or for fun.
So you have the helminth system unlocked? You want hildryn to become god-like? You’re in the right place. We can achieve our gola by replacing aegis storm with gloom.
It takes a lot of shields to function, so replacing augur reach with augur accord for more shield capacity makers it useable.
Enjoy being godly.
9. The end
I hope this guide can help you get better at hildryn and realize her ultimate, unbeatable power. If you enjoyed and learned something, leave a like or smth idk.
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Warframe – Ultimate Guide for Guide + Modding Tutorial + Stats + Basic Information Tips; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Warframe Posts List