Full walkthrough & basic gameplay tutorial achievements guide.
NG+ options & related Achievements
When farming monsters, you’ll get a certain amount of points which unlock those.
Carry over your currencies (Gald, Tales Coins & Katz spirits), items and skills (gear mastery, cooking and navigation), and last but not least, shop level (more details in next section).
Then priorize Double Exp, even Triple Exp or the stats gained thanks to the herbs you’ve gathered.
It will help to get the following achievements, if you’ve not unlocked these during the first run :
- Pirate Legend
- Economic Apprentice
- A Veritable Gald Mine
- Making a Mint
- A Shattered Soul
- The last level
- A solid B
- A Witness to the Mystic
- All 50 Weapons Skills mastery : The Stone-Cold Killer, The Honourable Warrior, The Unorthodox witch, The Earnest Soldier, The Curious Youth and The Pugnacious Skipper
Requires a LOT of farming, so wait for EXP boost. x6 EXP is the cap, even if a x2 Boost is available in a DLC ; no x12 for you, bunch of grinders !
Here is the full list of NG+ only achievements :
- Striding Beyond the End
- Emergency Management
- Potentite Purist
- Know Thine ennemy
- The Great Gorger
- Chef’s Soul
- Ultimate Stress Relief
- Item Collector
- Katz person
- I’ll take my Board
Shop Ranks – Pieces of gear which are carried over
Well. You’ll have to earn and spend thousands of Galds. One of Magilou’s title actually depends on it.
At least 967,455 in order to reach the Level 10 Shop Rank ; each level unlocked rewards you with a Potentite or a piece of gear :
- Silky Touch Garment (women)
- Colorful Waistcoat (men)
- Pumper-Upper (Eizen, weapon)
- Misfortune Ward (Magilou, weapon)
- Helmut Schmidt Sash (Velvet)
You can even try to reach level 14 (8,149,305 Galds). It’s more reasonable as an end of 2nd playthrough’s goal, though. Those give the amazing
- Unnamed Ring (all)
- Unnamed Boots [x2] (all)
And yes, the Unnamed gear is the most powerful of the ToB (if not the flashier one).
Beware, upgrades aren’t carried over ; it still helps for inventory room / Shop expenses. And Rokurou’s Smith title, as well.
The secret (EX) dungeon – Access
Several guides have been written about the secret dungeon access, so let’s make it short :
DON’T start a NG+, load the Final data file ★.
Exit from the dungeon to Danann High Road.
You’re next to the Save point located in front at the Empyrean Throne entrance. The NPC giving access to the EX-dungeon isn’t there, because of the following pre-requirements :
- Clear all 10 Class 4 Administrative Quarters.
1st is story-related, 8 others require you to speak to pirates (look for green exclamation points in harbours : Yseult, Titania – Front docks, Taliesin, Meirchio, Hellawes, Port-Zekson).
The access to the last one (Elite) is only available in the post-game. Grab infos at Port-Zekson.
- Venture in Terror Island.
You’ll get a piece of paper thanks to Navigation (from the 15th to the last and 20th island). Go to Yseult and complete the quest.
Now, go back to Danann Highway (from Port-Zekson). A Katz is waiting for you, talk to him and go to Meirchio (Eastern gate).
If you want to grab or sell a few things in the village beforehand, be careful and DON’T bump into Medissa (green exclamation point), or you won’t be able to reach the Mt Kiraraus path. The side-quest is nice (companion and so achievement-related if I’m not mistaken) but you can’t reach it easily.
Teleport to the Cauldron. Next to the Katz Chest, a fire portal appeared ; that’s your ticket for the EX dungeon.
It’s a huge pain, but there is actually a sauna at the end of it. Fan service included.
And that’s where you can farm the best gear.
The secret (EX) dungeon – Farming
I’d say, if you already have about 600 Katz spirits, rush to the end of the 4th floor and unlock its portal ; then sell and upgrade stuff in a shop (Hellawes’ merchant is close to the door).
Then farm those until you reach level 100, and proceed to the next ones. Last monsters are level 120.
4th floor (lvl 75) :
- Garments (women) are dropped by Undead Wizard
- Vestments (men) are dropped by Orc Gorilla
- Boots (all) are dropped by Molerino
- Rings (all) are dropped by Mythril Gigant
5th floor (lvl 80-95) :
- Bag (Laphicet) is dropped by Stretch
- Belt (Velvet) is dropped by Devil Fish
- Earrings (Magilou) are dropped by Mist Puppeteer
- Pendant (Eizen) is dropped by Dynamite Puncher
- Ribbon (Eleanor) is dropped by Water Witch
- Talisman (Rokurou) is dropped by Beard Heddin
6th floor (lvl 96-120) : Unnamed/Nameless Weapons
- Blade (Velvet) is dropped by Dragoon
- Bracelet (Eizen) is dropped by Heracles Bettle
- Daggers (Rokurou) is dropped by Scarlet Needler
- Guardian (Magilou) is dropped by Megaphoner
- Paper (Laphicet) is dropped by Hell Harpy
- Spear (Eleanor) is dropped by Nightmare
‘Void’ at level 10. Got a name after all.
7th floor helps with getting tons of Katz spirits.
Have fun warp ins / warp outs…
Now, a completely useless Gallery. Except for a few minority of players for whom Glamour is as important as all the other aspects of the game (even a solo one).
The plainer, the deadlier.
The paper is cool. But Magilou’s Doppelgangeris the most gorgeous.
This is all about Tales of Berseria – Achievements Guide & NG+ Options + Gears + Shop Ranks – Walkthrough; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Tales of Berseria Posts List