My Personal Opinion Tier List. My playstyle is described in the larger guide.
Note. Always a work in progress. I only test in WAR mode so it takes a while to update after a patch.
PRIMARY MAIN WEAPONS
LMGS and ARs dominate as usual. 3hk, high rof for cqc, and good range = jack of all trades style a*saulter.
I only test in WAR mode so that’s why it takes a couple wars to fully update. In progress.
high S-tier “die beste”
- MG42 (You can zap fools at close range and midrange, and destroy long-range prone. Counter to PPSH and M2 Carbine. Best gun in the game atm, whether its the captured MG42 or you play GER. I used to run max rof but now its only accuracy mods. Gun is S++ stock. You will never lose at close-range period. Can be annoying to fight M2s without tight grip.)
- M1919 (Insanely good now at max rof + max accuracy. 100 ROUNDS OMG. Hipfire eats close-range, ads lowmid, prone long)
- STG44 (very stable and accurate atm. sights+maxrof.)
- M2 Carbine (It has changed a lot… now designed to be good at range, it has only 704 rpm. The ammo is necessary but that means that reto technically increased the cost of using it. Mid-range headshot vacuum now… and I might say that I liked fighting max rof god of cqc more. I find myself losing to this gun with the mg42 at midrange but destroying it at midrange with the stg44. Of course it’s ttk is still quite fast so vets will punish you for mistakes. Still find the gun pretty underwhelming. It’s probably easier to get headshots with but good players can headshot with any gun so it isn’t too great of a perk)
- AVS (i need to test it but it looks good with the scope)—mid S-tier—
- PPSH-41 (here because it’s great in super close combat, pocket MG42. Great cqc option on the easier side to unlock. Bad past 15m but 71 rounds ensures many kills in buildings, where it is strong. Feels like it takes sooo many shots to kill at greater ranges so don’t even bother. Very close to being S+.)
- Captured FG42 (recoil may make it seem inaccurate, but it lands many shots imo; good rof, cheap, lots of ammo, but fast reload gold needed to lay down rounds. Drops to high A-tier without FR, struggles somewhat in caps, making for the perfect light rifleman playstyle. Probably worth the grind but convert your paratrooper too, if you play war.)
- Maxim MT (I can’t really control this gun at max rate of fire like I can with the m1919… so I don’t really like using it although I’ve heard it’s basically a reskin? Great when prone though. Might be where the M1919 is.)–-low S-tier—
- MP40/PPS/Thompson (3hk heavy set gold at 34+ damage close up. You heard me right. That’s apparently a thing now. Tommy — Heard its the only one still 4hk? They’re easy to use and great at close quarters but lack range generally. Perfectly meta though so the t2 smgs are good noob guns. Buy em for 5 bucks! Would be higher if they weren’t cqc only.)
- DP28 (Thing was basically an AR but they made it a lil worse. It’s not a laserbeam anymore. I need to test a lil more.)
- DT-29 (sight obstructive but absolutely cooks.. Amazing prone, incredibly stable and accurate at max rof, get used to the hipfire cuz you’ll need it. You will lose 1v1s just out of hipfire range though, it can be hard to ADS at that short range. Joint highest RoF Soviet lmg but if they get the jump on you first, you have little chance. Best badge: Quick Pointer Fire for abusing hipfire because of the sight. You’ll find yourself missing close-range kills at times without it. Lots of ‘frustrating’ deaths because of the sight though…)
- OHK rifles (one shot one kill, usually. its all skill but becomes irrelevant if the opponent is heavy set heavy. I stopped using scopes.)—mid A-tier—
- full rof SVT and Garand (High damage and accurate. “High skill” required to use at S-tier production. Biggest con? Not automatic. I’ve stopped using scopes. The slow-firing scoped G43 is weaker closer-up, sorry German players. Can make a mid-S-tier loadout when combined with an smg + hoarder badge — weakness cancelled)—low A-tier—
- Flamethrowers (great at cqc, but useless everywhere else. Lots of camping and prefiring/area denial. Very situational but fun. Drawbacks are long ttk and complete lack of stealth. See main guide for optimal loadout.)
- MG13 (was a COD gun pre-nerf, somewhat underwhelming now)
- MG34 (not the 42 but dece)
- most un-modable captured weapons (1 million down the drain)
- Johnson (terrible sights, countered by moving erratically; low max size; the m1919 is 100x better)
- Grease gun/PPD (surprisingly decent but still a tier one smgs. PPD is actually very good at close range when modded.)
- BAR (only 20 rounds but players make it work. At least for me, you can get kills in specific situations but you can’t carry your team with a BAR)
- g43 (Just feels bad compared to the other SA rifles)
D-TIER comprises of not max mods Semi-automatic rifles (you are the one getting farmed in WAR to be honest… get that scope for now, and grind to a good automatic weapon!) and other stuff I’m too lazy to list off. You can figure it out.
F-TIER comprise mostly of non-max ROF weapons and start SMGs (excluding grease). Grind those up in staged so you have a good weapon to use in war.
This is all about Heroes & Generals – WAR Mode Weapon Tier List; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Heroes & Generals Posts List