Hello and welcome, We’ll discuss the Twilight Struggle: Red Sea – Backup and restore guide for your game data in this post, and we sincerely hope you find it helpful.
Red Sea does NOT save game data to the cloud. Use this guide for backing up and restoring your game’s data.
Twilight Struggle Red Sea does NOT store your saved games in the cloud. If you install the game on a different PC, your saved data will be lost unless you follow these steps. This guide is up-to-date in the most recent version of Red Sea at the time of writing (July 10, 2023 ) – .
What type of data is stored in the saved files?
- Login and online profile information
- Online friend list
- Offline profile record of win/loss
- Achievement progress (in-game achievements separate, but tied to Steam achievements)
- Games that are not finished or in-progress
Steps to Back-up
The saved data is stored in two locations: AppData and the Windows registry.
- Navigate to
- Copy and paste the “OfflineProfiles.dat” file to a separate location where you plan to store your game saves.
- Also copy and paste into the same backup location any “Save*.dat” (e.g. Save1Full.dat, Save1Short.dat) files. These are the incomplete, in-progress games you have in RedSea.
- Click the Windows button
- Type “regedit”, then select “open” (you don’t require admin mode to backup your data)
- Navigate to:
- Right-click on the RedSea directory/key, then select “Export”
- Give it a descriptive filename like “TwilightStruggleRedSeaRegistryKey.reg” then save it in same place where you saved your backup of “OfflineProfiles.dat” earlier.
That’s it. Your saves are now backed up and you can safely remove your game.
Disclaimer: You should be warned that you could risk damaging your game data if you follow these steps (or the earlier steps) incorrectly. It should also be noted that modifying the Windows Registry is dangerous for those who do not know what they are doing. In addition to the game’s information, the Windows registry also contains settings for the system that, if modified incorrectly can cause damage to your entire OS. I have tried these steps numerous times using this game and others.
- Install Red Sea first if not already done.
- Copy the “OfflineProfiles.dat” file that you had backed up earlier.
- Paste this “OfflineProfiles.dat” file into
- Do the same for any “Save*.dat” files you backed up earlier (if you had any).
- Click the Windows button
- Type “regedit” then click “Run As Administrator”
- In the registry window, go to:
- In the registry window, click the “File” menu then select “Import”
- Navigate to where you saved your “TwilightStruggleRedSeaRegistryKey.reg” from earlier. Select this file and click “open”. It might prompt you to confirm. Proceed.
- To confirm, play the game. Check your profile and achievements progress as described in the section “What type of data is stored in the saves?” “.
- If all checks out then you’re done. Continue playing the game.
Share your comments on our recent post, Twilight Struggle: Red Sea – Backup and restore guide for your game data, and let us know if there is anything we can do to enhance it or if you spot an error; we’ll make the required modifications as soon as possible. If you notice an error, we’ll make it as soon as possible. We are quite grateful to you, and we wish you a wonderful rest of the day. The author and creator ODog502 inspired this post. Don’t forget to add us to your bookmarks if you like the post; we update regularly with fresh stuff.
- All Twilight Struggle: Red Sea Posts List