Hi, welcome to this post, We are going to tell you everything there is to know about Trepang2 – Boss Fight and Anton Lazar Horizon HQ fight (Rage Mode) in this guide.
This guide will teach you how to defeat boss in rage mode.
First of all keep moving around arena and watch closely for the bright light that comes from his head. Yellow light means he will charge you and attack instantly, while the purple light means he will throw knives, though the method for surviving these attacks is the same. Listen carefully for his growling sound when he does the charge attack. When he charges quickly slide away in a safe direction. This will take a little time to get right but should make it very difficult for him to get you once you have it tuned right. When you successfully dodge him, he will briefly lose his invulnerability and cloak away which is when you attack.
If he is visible and slowly walks toward you and keeps teleporting, stand still and wait until he teleports to you about to attack, then quickly press alt and backward key to easily dodge. To clarify, you can only do this when he is in this attack mode, because his main form of attack that I previously mentioned, he attacks you instantly so you must dodge beforehand, but with this attack you can very easily know exactly when he is going to attack you and dodge right before he does when he teleports right in front of you. This sounds suicidal, but its by far the most efficient away to consistently get him to drop his invulnerability to kill him.
I highly recommend using flame shotgun. You can dodge and then quickly set him on fire so you are able to track him when he is invisible easily, then spray him down as he is retreating for lots of damage, but remember not to get carried away and continue to watch for his next move.
I also recommend the shotgun because once you have got him down to his last quarter of health, soldiers will spawn in and trust me they are MUCH deadlier than the boss himself. All it takes is a few hits and you’re dead, worst of all you are back to the previous 50% block of health and have to do it all over again. So, best you can do is save your bullet time for those guys and blast them all with shotgun so you can immobilise them all where you can easily and safely shoot them while they are on the ground burning helplessly.
Funny enough, if you time it right and set him on fire right before the boss retreats on his last quarter of health, you can set all those soldiers on fire from him running through them to get away. This will not kill them on Rage Mode difficulty, but when I played on Very Hard it actually completely wiped them out on its own, as they all set each other on fire. This is also why I was so unprepared to deal with them on the harder difficulty because previously I didn’t have to.
Few tips for previous Anton Lazar fight
* Run circles around the perimeter outsider of the building and keep moving. Hug the side of walls for cover or go under the stairs.
* For weapons, use double shotguns with chokes as usual and I highly recommend using grenade launcher to clear enemies from brain machines. One can be found inside a box beside Anton Lazar inside the building. I also found the minigun to be very good against the helicopter, you can pick one up from one of the enemies close to when the helicopter arrives.
That’s really all I did, most of this fight is just keep moving, shoot brains and trying not to get lasered by everyone in the process. It is very easy to get overwhelmed in this area due to the amount of enemies and being constantly on the move, which is why explosives are very crucial here as well as saving bullet time for the right moments and most often using cloak to get away after you clear a brain machine.
Bonus tips for Rage Mode
Lastly, just some general tips:
* Strategically use explosives. Briefly learn big spawns on map beforehand if u have to so u know when to use them most effectively. Throwing a grenade and shooting it mid air is usually much more effective because most of time enemies will simply run away especially in open spaces. If you run out of explosives don’t forget you can grab an enemy and use their explosive for free but this often makes u vulnerable.
* Cheese the out of cloak and bullet time (needless to say) to frequently reposition and kill a large group of enemies. Bullet time is also useful defensively to activate for just a few seconds save your life if you are in a vulnerable position.
* Shotguns with choke will probably be your main weapon but DMR can be good on some maps especially crash site. Minigun with smart gun upgrade can be very useful sometimes but situational, and grenade launcher is all around very powerful option too. In my experience, SMG is always . The rest of the weapons are all at least decent.
It was our pleasure to walk you through the Trepang2 – Boss Fight and Anton Lazar Horizon HQ fight (Rage Mode), and we sincerely hope that you found it useful. If you find any mistakes or have suggestions for improving this post, do let us know in the comments. Regards and best wishes for a wonderful day in return for your time and effort. This piece was motivated by the author and creator gaiameck. Also, if you like the post, don’t forget to save us to your bookmarks; we update new posts every day with additional material, so be sure to check back with us frequently for more posts.
- All Trepang2 Posts List