Hey there, welcome to this post, This Times Of War – Tower Defense gameplay mechanics Guide was written to be of use to you, and it is our honest hope that you will find that to be the case.
“Times Of War” – A sci-fi tower defense strategy game with armored vehicles, tanks, choppers, planes, explosive action, and many unique environments. Upgrade towers, earn Tech points, manage resources, and defend your base in epic battles. Get ready for intense warfare!
Tower Defense gameplay mechanics
A tower defense game’s main goal is to protect a specified location or base from waves of approaching adversaries. Your mission is to strategically erect defensive structures known as towers along the enemy’s path in order to keep them from reaching their target.
Tower placement is crucial for success. You’ll have designated spots where you can build towers. Carefully consider the terrain, enemy pathing, and strategic chokepoints when deciding where to position your towers. Optimal tower placement maximizes their effectiveness in targeting and eliminating enemies.
- Gun Towers: These towers provide standard firepower and are effective against a wide range of enemy units; they have very long-range and are very efficient for air vehicles.
- Laser Towers: These towers have 5% chance to reduce 5% the health of armored vehicles by default. They offer a specialized attack against heavily armored foes, and they have teleport as final technology to upgrade.
- Plasma Towers: These towers unleash powerful plasma attacks that can damage enemy units significantly. They provide a unique and devastating offensive capability, dealing AOE damage and having teleport as almost primary tech.
- Cryogen Towers: These towers are used to cool down overheating towers. Placing them near overheated towers, they help maintain optimal performance by reducing their temperature.
- Additional Tower Types (Future Updates): Times Of War plans to introduce other tower types, such as missile towers, electric towers, and more. These new towers will provide even more strategic options for players to explore.
Towers can often be upgraded to increase their power and effectiveness. Upgrades may include enhanced damage, increased attack speed, larger attack range, and additional crit chance abilities. Allocate resources wisely to prioritize upgrading towers strategically.
In Times Of War, different map environments have varying temperatures that can impact towers’ performance.
- High temperatures characterize desert maps. The scorching heat in these environments affects the performance of towers. Towers may experience increased heating rates, reduced cooling efficiency, or other temperature-related challenges. It’s important to consider these high temperatures when strategizing your tower placements and managing their performance.
- Forest maps have moderate temperatures. The cool climate in these environments poses a moderate impact on tower performance. While the temperatures may not be as extreme as in desert maps, towers may still require efficient cooling mechanisms or temperature management strategies to maintain their optimal functionality.
- Snow maps feature low temperatures. The icy cold conditions in these environments can significantly affect tower performance in a good way keeping them nice and cool.
It’s important to consider the temperature conditions of each map type while planning your tower placements and strategies. Adapting to the unique temperature challenges of each environment will help you optimize your tower performance and increase your chances of success in Times Of War.
How Resource Management Works in Times Of War
Power is a vital resource in the game, and you must effectively manage your power capacity. Power is produced by Power Plants and stored in Batteries. Upgrading Power Plants increases their production capacity, while Batteries store the generated power. You’ll need an extra power point over the initial cost for any purchase or tower upgrade.
When placing towers, it’s essential to consider their power consumption. Each building consumes a certain amount of power, reducing your available capacity. Balancing the number and types of towers you place is crucial to ensure you don’t exceed your power capacity.
Constructing Power Plants increases your power capacity and reduces power consumption. Power Plants produce power that is stored in Batteries. Placing Power Plants strategically they connect to power poles and ensures you have enough energy to support your defense infrastructure.
As you progress in the game and gain experience, you earn Tech Points that can be spent in the Tech Tree. The Tech Tree offers various upgrades, including those related to resource management. These upgrades can improve efficiency in resource utilization.
In Times Of War, resource management extends beyond power capacity and includes various materials stored in the warehouse.
The warehouse is where you store essential resources such as Metal Plates, Granite Plates, Wood Plates, Barrels, and Cement Bags. These resources are used for various purposes, upgrading the warehouse, building traps, and later updating other gameplay mechanics.
Like the power capacity upgrades, you can also upgrade the warehouse to increase its storage capacity.
Upgrading the warehouse allows you to store larger resources, enabling you to stockpile materials for future use.
Gathering resources throughout the gameplay to replenish your warehouse stocks is essential.
In Times Of War, auxiliary structures are crucial in increasing your power capacity.
Maintenance and Malfunctions
It’s important to note that auxiliary structures in Times Of War are not maintenance-free. These structures may occasionally malfunction, leading to a temporary decrease in their power-generating capabilities. You’ll need to perform maintenance tasks or repairs to restore their functionality.
Structures types are :
Oil Pump Jacks
Oil pump jacks extract oil resources, which can be converted into power.
Wind Turbines and Wind Mills
Wind turbines and windmills harness the power of the wind to generate electricity.
River Mills and River Dams
River mills and dams use flowing water to generate hydroelectric power.
Solar panels harness the energy of the sun to produce electricity.
And more will come.
Managing auxiliary structures involves balancing the benefits they provide in terms of increased power capacity and the need for regular maintenance.
Traps and Detonations
Placing traps consume power capacity. Traps provide additional defensive capabilities, but be mindful of their power requirements and manage your power capacity accordingly.
Effective resource management in Times Of War involves balancing power generation, tower placement, upgrades, and utilizing traps strategically. By carefully managing your resources, you can optimize your defense capabilities and withstand enemy assaults more effectively.
Enemies typically appear in waves, each becoming progressively stronger and more challenging. Waves may have different unit types, each with unique strengths, speeds and weaknesses. Analyze units characteristics and adjust your tower placement plus upgrades accordingly to counter their threats effectively.
It was a pleasure for us to walk you through the Times Of War – Tower Defense gameplay mechanics, and we sincerely hope that you found the information beneficial. Please let us know in the comments section below if you see any mistakes in this piece or if you have any suggestions for how we can improve it. A tremendous amount of gratitude is for your time and effort, and I hope you have a good day today! Creator and writer Scrapy Tech Trash was the inspiration for this article. Don’t forget to add us to your bookmarks if you enjoyed the post; we update regularly with fresh stuff.
- All Times Of War Posts List