Hey there, welcome to this post, In this guide, we will tell you all about Thronefall – Build and Upgrades Tips/Guide Following this guide each steps.
Upgrading Your Main Base
You can upgrade the base 2 times, each time for 7,20 coins.
Each upgrade comes with a list of specific abilities. Below are some of the upgrades that I recommend.
- Builder Guild: generally good. Upgrades 1 house per night for free.
- Godly Curse is only active when you’re using an arrow, or when there’s an enemy fight (frostsee).
* Upgrade 45 homes when you choose Builders Guild. Upgrade the remainder yourself. No need for you to wait until all the houses are upgraded.
- Commander – for healing and speed
- Castle-Up: Discount on tower upgrade when using only on frostsee
* When you choose Castle-Up to build early, it will discount the most (-1 coin every evening). Only build the towers which you will use(I’ll tell you how later).
What to Build First
There are different types of structures in thronefall.
- Economy – Mines (mines), farms, harbors
- Defense – Towers Walls Barracks
The general idea behind choosing what to construct is:
“Economy before all else, but only once you can defend the economy perfectly. ”
By defending the building perfectly, you can avoid losing any buildings giving you coins.
If it can’t be protected, don’t even build it.
Save it for tomorrow, or create something else.
- Build mines, then houses.
- There is one perk, which allows level 2 Houses fire arrows. I find this to be OP.
- When playing Frostsee do not build houses beneath the base too soon. The snowflakes from the South will certainly destroy it.
- Dustein has 3 Mines, and Frostsee has 1.
- Building mines as early as possible in Dustein is a great idea, since they are easy to protect.
- It might be difficult to defend the mine in frostsee. But once you have enough soldiers, it is possible if you concentrate your troops and build two more homes next to it. It’s worthwhile.
- Farms & Harbors are bad.
- High Investment Costs, fragile and Isolated.
- Only build them after you are sure of its protection.
- Calculate how much you will get back by looking at the remaining waves. Don’t build if the initial costs exceed the payback.
- In Frostsee I only construct 1 harbor (the closest to the main bases). They are destroyed by aerial units all the time. Spare archers to protect harbors.
- Barracks are more effective than towers
- You can position your troops so that they face enemies from any direction.
- You can choose the weapon you want to use, and then the counter that best suits your needs (details below).
- In general, building an 8 coin upgrade is better than a 3-coin stack.
- Towers do not compare to barracks.
- Towers are immobile and useless when the wave is coming from a completely different direction.
- The main purpose is to build towers for tanking. Giving shield to troops/farms
- In Dustein: shielding farms(1 trebuche from the West, 2 suicide bombs from northeast)
- Oil upgrade is needed to attack the snowflakes in Frostsee. Only the 67 where the bosses spawns snowflakes. You don’t need to build any more.
- Use walls as a last option when you are out of options.
- They may stop enemies from forming a swarm, but they also can help them form swarms. That’s why on Frostsee I don’t use any walls.
What weapons can you give to your troops
- Knights are stronger than archers. Even when they’re outnumbered 1:4.
- Spears can stop cavalry. Four spear units in Dustein will stop 35 cavalry if they are placed on the narrow path.
- Flails can be used to fight snowballs, bosses and boss battles in Frostsee.
- Berserk. They’re not something I’ve ever used (I use fire archers instead). So I can say nothing about them. sorry.
- Longbows just aren’t that special. Nothing special.
- Crossbows? I’ve not used them. I can’t speak to that.
- Hunters do well against giants. Dustein makes a great place to put them to work.
- Fire archers will be a great asset against Seige machine and snowballs. Make the most out of splash damage. Using your avatar, you can push or kite troops through the fire.
Everything above was based on my own experience, so there is a possibility that it could be biased.
If you disagree with the article, please leave a comment.
We are grateful that you took the time to go through the Thronefall – Build and Upgrades Tips/Guide, and we sincerely hope that you discovered it to be of assistance to you in any way. You are more than welcome to point out any mistakes or make suggestions for changes in the comments box below, and we will attend to them as quickly as we can. My warmest thoughts and prayers are with you today. This write-up was inspired by a piece written by the creator and author nofair2002 Don’t forget to add us to your bookmarks if you like the post; we update regularly with fresh stuff.
- All Thronefall Posts List