Hi, welcome to this post, This post will provide you with information regarding The Pale Beyond – Gameplay Tasks Achievements Guide, and we hope you will find this material helpful.
During a playthrough, these achievements are obtained at specific times or through specific choices/tasks. Within a playthrough, they are organized in (roughly) chronological order.
Gameplay Tasks Achievements:
Bring the Stowaway there and back again.
Your crew will find a young boy nicknamed “Runt” in the Prologue. Let him stay and keep him alive for the entire playthrough. Since the achievement says “and back again”, I a*sume you also need to win the vote, either at the Viscount or with Appertton, so that you can actually bring him back, but not 100% sure. I got this after winning the vote to become Captain and sailing back with the Viscount.
Survive the ice without bringing Runt and their father.
Refuse to let Runt stay and also choose to dismiss his father from the expedition, and finish a playthrough.
Down with the Ship
Go down with the Temperance.
Fail to evacuate the Temperance by Week 8 and sink below the ice. This will also end your current run.
Meet all crew members in the prologue.
Just be judicious about checking for conversation or interactable icons before advancing the story for the first 4 weeks. The easiest crew to miss are the scientists and the scouts:
– you can find 2 scientists in the corners of the middle deck in the first 2 weeks, just zoom out so you don’t miss them;
– on Week 3 you can find a locked door next to your cabin. You must knock 3 or 4 times to meet the scientist Isaac;
– you can meet 1 scout on the rigging in Week 3, next to the Crow’s Nest;
– the remaining 2 scouts will be in the room next to the Doctor’s Infirmary.
Let the scientist keep his weapon.
When taking requests in Week 6, you will meet the scientist Isaac and Templeton will inform you that he has a gun. Let him keep his revolver for the achievement.
I’ve heard the unlock trigger for this achievement is inconsistent so if it doesn’t trigger immediately, just continue with your playthrough and it may unlock at the end of the playthrough like Kasha’s camera. It can possibly also unlock if you choose to fire a gun during Kurt and Hammond’s argument in Week 16; if you let Isaac keep the revolver, he will fire it instead and the achievement should unlock.
(thank you to @Evan the Illiterate, Phd for confirming)
The Ice Doesn’t Care You’re Here
Get your first crew member killed.
Outside of starving and freezing your crew to death, there are several story events for this:
– end of Act 1 with the leopard seal. Fail to kill the leopard seal and it will kill Kurt’s scout.
– Act 3, Dr Arthur will try to leave during the winter. You can antagonize him and tell him he’s useless, he will leave the following week and die in the storm. Do NOT say his father would be ashamed if you want to kill him, because then he will stay just to spite you.
– Act 4, when you are boarding crew onto the lifeboats, to sail over the ocean. You command Lifeboat 1, Junior and Grimley command Lifeboats 2 and 3. The more sick, wounded, freezing, and starving crew you load onto their lifeboats, the more likely their boats are to sink.
– Act 4, when Cordell tries to escape over the mountain with Stanberry. Hammond will wake you and you can chase her up the mountain. Draw your gun and fire to immediately kill her. You can also kill Hammond after asking him to hide the body.
– end of Act 4 at the mountain, when Kasha drops her camera. After Kurt and Kasha recover the camera they will start climbing up, you can cut the rope to kill them both.
The Importance of Maintaining Decorum
Succumb to the ice.
Go below 0 decorum and end the week, causing your crew to mutiny. Sometimes you have to go an additional week at 0 decorum to get the mutiny event to trigger. Also make sure that the “Disable Decorum Game Overs” option in the settings is unchecked.
Smash the carpenter’s accordion.
Templeton will inform you on Week 12 or 13 that Grimley is playing mutiny-encouraging songs that mock your leadership. After you eat dinner you will hear the song yourself. Simply smash Grimley’s accordion for the achievement.
Lose an ear.
Follow Cordell up the mountain in Act 4, Week 38 when Hammond wakes you and tells you she has run away. Challenge her to a duel and then purposely don’t shoot; she will shoot first and take off your ear. You also get a huge loyalty bonus.
(credit to @Evan the Illiterate, Phd for discovery)
A Thousand Words
Kasha’s camera survives the expedition.
Let Kurt and Kasha save Kasha’s camera at the end of Act 4, Week 38-39, when it falls off a cliff. Achievement should unlock at the end of the playthrough. You can save both Kurt and Kasha by encouraging Kurt to save Kasha when the rope starts tearing, or threatening to cut Kasha’s rope yourself if he thinks about sacrificing himself. If you’re really cruel, you can still get the camera by starting to cut the rope and telling them to give you the camera, then cutting the rope anyway and killing both of them.
Find love on the ice.
If both Dr Arthur and Kasha are alive by the end of Act 4, you will find them kissing behind a tent after you reach the top of the mountain. You can gain loyalty bonuses with both by encouraging their relationship. Achievement should unlock at the end of the conversation.
Share your comments on our most recent post, The Pale Beyond – Gameplay Tasks Achievements Guide, and let us know if there’s anything we can do to improve it or if you notice an error. We’ll make the required modifications as soon as we can. We appreciate you so much and wish you a wonderful rest of the day. Thanks to creator and writer Polaris™ for motivating this post’s creation. Don’t forget to add us to your bookmarks if you like the post; we update the site frequently with fresh articles.
- All The Pale Beyond Posts List
Leave a Reply