How to fix Stutter and Input Lag with Frame generation in Cyberpunk 2077
You know, when you’re diving deep into the neon-lit streets of Night City in Cyberpunk 2077, you’d want nothing less than a flawless gaming session. So, if you’ve been grappling with pesky stutters even with a 4000 series rig, let’s get that sorted out.
Getting Your PC Configured
- Got an i7 Gen12 CPU? Brilliant! That’s what you need.
- Arm your rig with a 4080 GPU.
- Although it’s a tad lower than the ideal, having 16GB of RAM should do the trick.
Tweaking Your Monitor Settings
- Here’s a simple one: Set your refresh rate to 60Hz. That’s the sweet spot for hitting 60FPS.
Diving into In-Game Settings
- Switch on Overdrive RT – trust me, it’ll boost your game’s performance.
- Now, even though Overdrive RT does some heavy lifting, you’ll still want to manually max out all in-game settings.
- For that crisp, eye-popping view, lock in your resolution at 4K.
- Ever heard of DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling)? Set it to quality mode for that razor-sharp image clarity.
- Turn on Frame Generation and Rays Reconstruction for visuals that flow like butter.
- Oh, and for a deeper dive into the game’s colors and contrasts, be sure to enable HDR.
Typical Hiccups and Their Workarounds
Smooth Frame Rates: The Quest Continues
Want that silky-smooth 60 frames per second (FPS) gameplay? Well, going without frame generation might give you a hard time. And if you decide to roll with frame generation, there’s the annoying screen tearing, especially when VSync’s off.
Pro Tip: Use the Nvidia Control Panel to set up or modify a game profile. Make sure to force VSync on – this should help you hit a smooth 60 FPS without any of that annoying screen tearing.
Input Lag: The Sneaky Culprit
We’ve all been there – the in-game action gets intense, but there’s a slight delay in your character’s movements. It’s frustrating, right? This often happens when your FPS zooms past your monitor’s refresh rate.
Quick Fix: Head to the game settings, find the FPS limiter and set it to 29 for a 60Hz monitor. This caps your frame rate just shy of 60 FPS, keeping things responsive and light on your GPU.
Just a heads up: if your monitor isn’t at 60Hz, play around with the frame rate to get it just right. Split your refresh rate in half and subtract one – and see how that feels!
Screen Tearing Solutions for Your PC
Screen tearing is like that uninvited guest at a party. Annoying, right? Here are some ways you can show it the door:
Option 1: Old V-Sync
A classic trick – turn on V-Sync. It’ll cap your frame rate, helping to reduce screen tearing. But remember, it might add a smidge of input lag.
Option 2: Software Frame Rate Caps
You can use software like MSI Afterburner to set a frame rate ceiling for your graphics card. Match it with your monitor’s refresh rate – if it’s 60Hz, cap it at 60.
Option 3: Dabble with Nvidia or AMD Options
Open up your Nvidia or AMD graphics control panel if the other solutions aren’t cutting it. Seek out “Fast Sync” or “Adaptive Sync” features and activate them. They can often help cut down screen tearing and keep the gameplay smooth.
How to Get Rid of Screen Tearing
With these tricks up your sleeve, screen tearing should be history. Now, immerse yourself in your game and enjoy the beautiful, seamless world of Night City.
- All Cyberpunk 2077 Posts List