How to Fix Audio for PC and Xbox Series X|PS5 in Alan Wake 2
Hey, fellow gamers! Ran into a little snag with Alan Wake 2, huh? You press play, all hyped up, and then – what’s this? No sound? Oh no, we can’t have that! But don’t worry; I’ve got the lowdown on getting things back on track. Let’s dive into why the audio might be pulling a vanishing act on your PC, Xbox Series X, or PS5.
Why is the Audio in Alan Wake 2 Not Working on PC and Xbox Series X|PS5?
You’re all set for a gaming marathon, but as the story unfolds, the world of Alan Wake 2 is eerily silent. Weird, right? Well, it seems this ghost-town vibe isn’t a new artsy direction—it’s a bug! And guess what? It’s not just haunting Xbox users. Players on PC and PS5 are also bumping into this soundless void, ranting and raving about it on forums and Reddit. But here’s a little trick that seems to work: just give your system a good ol’ reboot. Yes, sometimes the classic turn it off and on again is the golden ticket.
But hey, who’s got time for a full restart, right? If you’re itching to get back into the game faster, try this: just close the game and pop it open again. Sounds too simple? Sometimes, the best solutions are. This quick fix is like a soft nudge to your system, reminding it how to use its indoor voice, or… any voice, really.
- Click the Windows icon in your taskbar.
- Go to the Power options.
- Press Shut Down/ Restart.
Xbox Series X|S
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller.
- Select the ‘Restart Console’ option.
- The process will take about 30 seconds.
- Press the PlayStation button on your DualSense controller.
- Go to the Power options on the right-hand side of the command bar that appears.
- Select ‘Turn Off Console.’
- Once the console has fully powered off and the lightbars are shut off. Turn your PS5 back on. Make sure you’re not just putting your PS5 into rest mode, as this won’t resolve the issue.
How to Nudge Your Game Back to Life?
- Step into your console’s or PC’s shoes and hit that close button on the game. It’s like a mini break for it.
- Done? Awesome. Now, re-open the game as if it’s a brand-new treasure chest. Exciting!
- And…? Well, that’s it. By now, the sounds of Alan Wake 2 should be flooding back, filling up the room like music to your ears.
Worked like a charm? I thought so! It’s funny how these tech riddles get solved with such simple magic moves. Now, with the audio back, you’re ready to dive deep into the suspense, the drama, and—most importantly—the sounds of Alan Wake 2. Happy gaming, and remember, if your tech acts up, sometimes a little nudge (or a restart) is all it takes!
Thank you for reading this guide:How to Fix Audio for PC and Xbox Series X|PS5 in Alan Wake 2
- All Alan Wake 2 Posts List