Guide for new players who want to improve their runs and increase their chances of reaching higher difficulties
I will try to make the guide easier to read by dividing everything into easy-to-follow tips.
First, both the keyboard and controller are the same. Both are very comfortable, and it’s just a matter of preference as to which one you prefer.
- Upgrade the drill to be your first. This will allow you to explore the map faster.
- You should leave a large gap between your main road and your dome. This will take a little longer but will help you identify faster when you reach a straight-up path back to your dome.
- You can drill two blocks in the middle to see any minerals that might be present.
- You will need to start with the laser for your dome. If you don’t know how it works, it can be very difficult to control your sword.
Exploration and mining
There are many ways to do this, but this one works for medium and easy difficulty. If you don’t have the resources to mine faster, they can take a little longer to complete.
- As mentioned before, indicating that you have reached the middle and straight path towards your dome is important. You can do this (by leaving a gap between 3 and 3. This will also help if you choose to upgrade to the Lift)
- To make it easier to travel up, I recommend destroying the corner. It’s about exploring the map and creating routes without spending too much time cleaning up rocks that don’t provide any resources.
- Once you don’t see your main gap anymore, you can take a secondary route. This will allow you to move diagonally and not have to make an L-shaped return to your dome. The fastest path between two points is straightest.
- Water (and the sphere) are materials that don’t do much. Prioritize the search for more cubes over all else.
- Upgrade the first vertical line in your character. Drilling will allow you to explore faster without sacrificing your dome’s hp. Carrying more minerals will help you grab more minerals (3 to 5 – without slowing down).
This will depend on what weapon or gadget you use, but some basic principles can help you get faster results.
- Your first upgrade should be the drill regardless of what. It will then depend on whether you find the Lift gadget, which will have some general benefits for your run.
The first “to complete” line would consist of the first vertical line of your character and damage to your dome.
It’s not something I recommend for medium and hard difficulty. You want to get faster upgrades.
- Never, ever, throw away your gadget.
- Choose Lift, it’s often the most damaged. It will allow you to mine and explore while also allowing you to collect resources. The upgrade to speed will allow you to stay longer in the deep parts of the world without leaving earlier. You can also drop resources and the orbes will take over.
- Lift doesn’t need too many orbes. If they grab too much resources, you won’t be able take them back to recover them.
- Lift no matter what. Do not think in another thing
This is the most difficult part. It depends not only on how lucky you are at getting resources but also on your general speed in general aspects.
- Upgrade your weapon’s damage as soon as possible. This will allow you to kill enemies quicker on your first wave and prevent you from taking damage later that you will need to fix.
- You don’t need to upgrade to an aiming sight. Simply tap the shoot of your laser, and you will be able to see where it is aiming. This is only if you choose the laser
If you have vision problems, I recommend speaking with the developer. We may be able to add an accessibility option so that you don’t have spend any resources on it.
- Speed and damage are essential. They are even more important than your dome’s HP. You must balance them between character speed and damage from drills.
- The gadget that helps you the most will determine how much your starter gadget works. I like the steam that stops the timer and extra shield. However, I find that in medium and easy difficulty I rarely use them.
This is my first guide, and the game just came out. I will update the guide as I learn more about the game and explore it more.
I am working on a guide for more difficult problems and adding it to this site. But, still, something is better that nothing
Thank you for reading, and C&C is always appreciated it.
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Dome Keeper – Tips and Strategies for New Players; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Dome Keeper Posts List