Welcome to Warhammer 40000: Darktide – How to Unlock (Going Out With a Bang) Achievement Guide.
This guide is useful for completing the most difficult Steam achievement: Going Out with a Bang.
“Going Out With a Bang”, currently the most difficult achievement on Steam has a completion rate of less than 1% as of writing this guide. “Like a Four-Leaf Clover” is only slightly better in that regard. This section will cover where you can attempt this Penance, what gear/feats you need, the difficulties you should be facing, and the best overall strategies for its completion. Let’s begin.
You will need to have a few things to complete this Penance.
What You Must Have
- Three capable, cooperative teammates. You must have three capable, cooperative teammates to attempt this Penance.
- Leveled and geared to ensure you can succeed on Heresy(4 – difficult missions
- A Heresy (4 – -Difficulty hab Dreyko Investigation mission. Preferably, no modifiers. I have not yet tested if a Low-Intensity Heresy mission works or a High-Intensity Malefice(3 – mission). As more data becomes available, the guide will be updated.
We are so close to greatness.
What you must have
- Any non-cooperative teammates. Non-cooperative teammates should not attempt this Penance.
What is Optional but Helpful?
- A staff, force sword or other means of simultaneously dealing with the damage and generating Peril.
- Low “Warp Resistance” stat for the aforementioned weapons.
- A weapon that can swiftly and safely eliminate hordes.
- A premade group for friends.
- Voice communication
To begin, one must join an Investigation Mission of Heresy (4 – difficulty located in Hab Dreyko). Although this Penance is possible at a lower level than Malice (3 – ), it will be more difficult. I’ll explain why later.
Inform your team about your intention: that you want to complete the Penance “Going Out With a Bang” and that you will likely need their cooperation. If they are unwilling to help, These are not to be ignored. If your only goal is to complete the Penance, you can leave the team and rejoin another. This Penance cannot be completed with a hostile teammate.
As normal, do not try to throw yourself at random elites. There is a time and place. The place is not now, and the time is not now. Continue to scan the map for three plague traces, then scan the map again. Finally, scan the tree infested with plague residue five times.
The final stretch.
Now you are near the point where this Penance can be best attempted. Clear your path to extraction as a group. Do not board the extraction vessel. Instead, kill everyone. Make sure everyone is on the last rooftop and kill everything. All enemies will cease spawning eventually, except one last monster closet.
There are two possible sets of spawns in this monster closet:
- A small group of heavy chaff enemies. This is where your hordeclear weapon comes in handy.
- Three elites. (Always Ragers? Still in progress.) Only two elites will spawn on Malice Difficulty. You must keep at least one alive until the next set emerges. This is why I recommend trying the Penance on Heresy.
The Monster Closet.
Now you can engage the elites in whatever way you like. You can wait for another group if you kill them too early. Your teammates can kill them or revive you if they knock you down or kill you.
Your skill, creativity, patience, and determination will determine the completion of the Penance. You can make unlimited attempts to perfect your strategy with very little downtime.
I don’t know what weapons you prefer or have access to, so I won’t attempt to tell you which build is best for this Penance. Instead, I will describe my circumstances and the strategy that I used to succeed.
First, my build. Practically speaking, my feats and melee weapon choice were irrelevant. They played very little or no role in my successful trial. Instead, I used the Rifthaven Mk 2 Purgatus Force Staff. I used one Toughness Curio and one Health Curio to prevent permanent damage.
Three Dreg Ragers were what the Monster Closet was spawning. The Perils of Warp explosion did not kill them. I used the staff as usual to kill them. If I started the ‘perils’ explosion before they died, they would likely die before the animation was over.
Instead, I struck them with the standard, primary weapon fire: a short, high-stagger burst flame. I could ‘t fire this attack at them as fast as I could – even though it would stagger them indefinitely, it would also kill them before I exceeded their Peril. I used roughly 50/50 firing at them for damage and at the ground to generate more Peril. To avoid stacking the Soulfire effect, I preferred aiming at them at the beginning and the floor as my Peril approached 100.
I alternated my attacks such that I stayed close to the Ragers to keep their attention). I repeatedly dodged until I was able to overload myself. This eventually led to a successful Penance. To master, master, then successfully use this strategy, it took me four to five deaths (three injuries each).
This Penance was completed in a match-made game without any voice communication.
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Warhammer 40000: Darktide – How to Unlock (Going Out With a Bang) Achievement, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Warhammer 40000: Darktide Posts List