No sound after you boot up the game? Here’s a few options for you to try.
Easy quick fixes.
A few and easy options for you to try before the more in-depth options.
1. Tab in and out of the game a few times. If the game is simply having trouble being ‘in-focus’ this solves the issue for a few people.
2. Restart the game a few times. As above, this is a simple fix as sometimes the game’s sound stops working.
3. Restart your computer: Only needed if you HAD sound in game, and then it stopped working after a round. The sound related to the game has ran into a fatal error and needs to be restarted. Sorry.
4. Disable sound being disabled if the game is unfocused in the in-game settings. Try this if tabbing in and out doesn’t work.
5. Unplug and replug your headset. Sometimes it just works :Tm:
6. Have your Headphones unplugged before the game launches, then plug them in when it’s open and on the main screen. Tab in/out once or twice. This is the most common fix, and is currently what I have to do every time I launch the game.
1. Delete “AudioOutputDevice” from the config file – You can find the config file at %localappdata%\VideoHorrorSociety_Beta\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\GameUserSettings.ini
Save and re-launch. This is because the game sometimes resorts to a default where no default can be found. Deleting this line forces it to use something that is already in use.
2. Open Control Panel and navigate to the old Sound management panel > chose input or output (depending on where is the issue) and disable all the devices that are not in use. The game may be defaulting to one of the extra speakers or old connections that are no longer present.
3. WITH THE GAME OPEN Alt+tab and go to your Control panel>Sound>RIGHT CLICK your audio device and click the properties option that should be in bold letters. Go over to the ADVANCED tab where it says default format with a drop down. Switch your default option to something else and press apply. (Your audio will stop working entirely. This is ok.) Now switch your default option back to the original you had and press ok. Unplug and replug your headset in. Sound should resume and your game should have audio.
Hope this fixed your audio issues. If not you can head to the discord and submit a ticket to see if a more personalized fix is needed for your hardware.
IF you’ve got a moment, please rate the guide if it helped you. Good luck.
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Video Horror Society – No Audio Fix Guide, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Video Horror Society Posts List