This guide will go over the instructions on how to unlock Boon Marrabbio and more.
Unlocking Boon Marrabbio
1. Load up the map “Mad Forest” and go south until you come across the “Pummarola” passive item and pick it up. Either get “Skull O’Maniac” from level ups, or the passive item in the northwest.
2. Shortly after getting the skull and pummarola, pies should start to spawn on the ground as health pickups similar to chicken. Start grabbing these and continue grabbing them until a shadowy figure spawns. This monster will have a lot of HP reminiscent of other Boss characters so it will take some damage to take down.
3. After defeating the shadowy figure, you will hear a noise. Those of you who have gotten other secret characters will be familiar with it.
4. That is all! Enjoy unlocking and playing with Boon Marrabbio!
A simple method for obtaining Marrabbio as pointed out in the comments is to just use Red Death (if you do not have him yet, then get him using Shroud/Infinite Corridor added this patch using another guide) and go south to get “Pummarola” and then northwest to get “Skull O’Maniac”. Pies will start spawning and keep collecting them until the shadow spawns.
THE SHADOW IS STILL A BOSS AND WILL PROBABLY REQUIRE A DECENT BUILD TO KILL
If you’re still for some reason unable to do this, then you may want to just look into adding the character to your savedata manually. If anybody wants to try this, feel free to add me and I can walk you through it.
Fun Builds and Character Variety
He can be an extremely fun character to play with do to his low speed stat. If you put only one point into the Speed Powerup, then Marrabbio will have -100% speed. This means a majority of weapons will not move when fired and allows the player to essentially create WALLS OF PROJECTILES
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2812021567 – [steamcommunity.com]
Some really fun builds can come from Marrabbio such as:
- Phiera Der Tuphello,Hellfire and the Heart of Fire arcana/Eight The Sparrow and the Jail of Crystal & Out of Bounds arcana. Effectively creating landmines for enemies to walk onto. (though the latter powerup/arcana combination is harder to acquire than the first as it needs 2 arcana)
- Carréllo and the Boogaloo of Illusions arcana. Creating what I like to picture as stationary breathing minecarts, as they change in size over time.
- Crosses and Death Spirals don’t disappear so those can resemble a windmill/turbine and blend things together.
This is all just speculation, but I believe Boon Marrabbio may be a reference to Noob Saibot from Mortal Kombat as this secret character is a shadowy version of another character(Gennaro) and in the savedata files the boss is listed as “BOSS_NOOB”. This wouldn’t be too far-fetched in my opinion, as Toasty is already a secret character and also a reference to the MK series.
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Vampire Survivors – How to unlock Boon Marrabbio, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Vampire Survivors Posts List