Turned into text from the following very helpful video:
Thanks to Gaming on Linux for having put that together!
Running the game – Steam Deck – Settings
1) Navigate to Library > All
2) Search for “Proton Experimental”
3) Hit “A” to select
4) Navigate to Settings(the gear icon on the right) > Properties > Betas
5) From the dropdown menu, select “Bleeding-Edge” (heh, vampire jokes.)
6) Hit “B” to save
7) Return to your library, and locate V Rising
8) Hit “A” to select
9) Navigate to Settings(the gear icon on the right) > Properties > Compatibility
10) Select the checkbox for “Force the use of a specific Steam Play compatibility tool.”
11) Select “Proton Experimental” from the dropdown
12) Hit “B” to save
13) Launch V Rising and enjoy.
I recommend the controller layout from user Turulo named:
V-Rising for steam deck
Honestly the defaults are largely fine.
I am currently running the following with no issues or complaints:
Quality Preset: High
Screen Resolution: 1200 x 800
Window Mode: Exclusive Fullscreen
(note: Personally I saw a very minor performance increase with this window mode, but it also eliminated an issue I was having with the mouse escaping the window.)
High Quality Vegetation: checked
All others I left at default.
(note: I am playing with motion blur off, but that’s because I hate it in any game, it didn’t impact performance much from what I could tell.)
This is all about V Rising – How to Run Steam Deck & Linux Video Tutorial; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All V Rising Posts List