Are you a newcomer wanting to make their first Monkey Ball experience better than it already is, or are you a veteran player wanting to make the remake feel as close to to the original 3 games as possible? Then this guide is for you!
• The Controls
Like many old fans have pointed out, the controls in the remake aren’t as good as they were in the original trilogy, due to the clunky camera and its 360° movement. While the camera hasn’t been patched out yet, the controls on the other hand have! (kind of)
1. Open Controller Configuration in the Home tab of the game. A controller menu should pop up
2. Click on Tilt (Left Stick) > Additional Settings > Dead Zone Shape
3. From here, change the shape from Circle to Square. This will make tilting stages and moving in circles more in line with the original games. Hopefully RGG will add the option to change dead zone in the game itself for all platforms, including PC. Maybe even make Square the default one, instead of forcing players to find solutions themselves
• The Visuals
If you find the game’s visuals to be too bright or washed out (like I do), simply do this:
1. Enter Options > Brightness and set the value from 5 to 3, which I highly recommend. The colors pop-up better that way
Brightness value: 5
Brightness value: 3
• The Modding Scene [WIP]
Banana Mania has just been released but there are already plenty of simple-to-install mods due to how (not-so) good old Unity works. Some of the best mods right now are:
• Classic Sound Pack: https://gamebanana.com/sounds/56472 – [gamebanana.com]
Created by: Dead Line
Does exactly what it says. Replaces almost EVERY sound in the game with their OG counterparts. Monkey voices, Main Game’s announcer, SFX and more!
• Monkey Ball OST/Announcer Pack: https://gamebanana.com/sounds/56550 – [gamebanana.com]
Created by: Rox_Sox
Want to go even further down the memory lane? This mod replaces the game’s OST as well as the announcer with the ones present in the original arcade release of Monkey Ball
• Dole-branded Bananas: https://gamebanana.com/mods/325779 – [gamebanana.com]
Created by: DrKinkyKinkles
For fans of shameless product placement! Comes in 2 flavors for Dark Banana Mode; Chiquita-branded or Dole again but with an inverted color scheme for the logo
• SEGA-branded Bananas: https://gamebanana.com/mods/326372 – [gamebanana.com]
Created by: JazzyFuture
Gives bananas SEGA-branded stickers just like in the release trailer. Instead of selling out to Dole, you can now sell out to your favorite game publisher!
• Comic Sans Shirt For Classic GonGon: https://gamebanana.com/mods/325275 – [gamebanana.com]
Created by: EmmaMtH
Replaces the font of the letter “G” on Classic GonGon’s shirt to Comic Sans. Changes both his model and Character Select render. This’ll surely make the 4 fans that wanted it to return happy
• Jet Set Radio Future Outfit For Beat: https://gamebanana.com/mods/325607 – [gamebanana.com]
Created by: Dead Line
Replaces Beat’s entire fit with the one he had in JSRF – a game SEGA WON’T let you experience unless you use XEMU
• SEGA Dreamcast Logo Restoration: https://gamebanana.com/mods/325403 – [gamebanana.com]
Created by: PixelPowerstar
WHOAAA!! DREAMCAST WITH NO SWIRL!! SEGA omitted the classic blue/orange swirl from the Steam release for some… reason? All the mod does is restore it, while also letting you switch between the regional swirl colors
(Will update this section when more HQ/QoL mods release)
• Final Thoughts
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania is a fantastic remake! But, there’s still more room for improvement. Hopefully Masao Shirosaki (the game’s director) isn’t planning on abandoning the game and will continue listening to fan feedback
In the meantime, have this short guide to further customize Super Monkey Ball to your liking!
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania – Game Config Visual Quality Settings; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania Posts List