Welcome. We hope that you find this Sunrider 4: The Captain’s Return – How to Create your translation guide Guide to be helpful.
The following will allow you to create a translation for The Captain’s Return when the game is out.
- Run the game at a minimum of once
- Go to C:\Users\[Your Accoun]\AppData\Local\Sunrider_4_The_Captains_Return\Localization. To do this you will need make hidden files visible in Windows Explorer.
- Here, you will find the file “English.ini”. Copy and paste that file and rename the file to your language using ABC letters.
- Open your .ini file.
- Here are the settings you can make to customize your localization’s text settings. Replace “English”. After global.opt_language=, replace it with your language in ABC-characters. Replace “English.” after global.text_fontsel= with the name and font name you wish to use in your language. Three fonts will be available to you: “font_CJK.ttf” for Chinese and Korean. “font_Extended.ttf for French and Spanish as well as Russian and many other common languages. “font_Japanese.ttf”, Japanese
- If a font for your language is not there, you can try adding your own font into the game’s install location and typing in the name of your font after global.text_fontsel=. Only.ttf fonts support this feature. This feature isn’t guaranteed to work. Please let us know at: [email protected] – [loveinspace.net]If your language isn’t covered by the fonts provided or if a font needs to be added to the game.
- If you are working with an Asian language with no spaces in between characters, replace the “0.000000” following “global.text_asianlinebreak=” with “1”
- Go to the Steam/GOG location where the game was installed. There should be several.txt folders beginning with English_. Duplicate the files by copy-pasting, then replace the “English” part of the file name with global.opt_language.
- These files are now open. You will find lots of random text, numbers, and symbols. Base64 is what the file is encoded with. Decode the files by going online to a decoder website for base64. Once the data has been decoded, translate the storyline and UI text. DO NOT REPLACE ANY OF THE CODE TEXT. Do not add letters to any code text. Once you are finished, save your work in base64.
- Start the game. Navigate to the language screen using the options menu. Then select your language from drop-down menu. Restart your game.
- Once you’re done with the localization, check out what it looks like. To adjust your font’s appearance, some variables are located in the.ini created in step 3. The default values should be fine. But if you want to modify your mod’s appearance, these variables are available.global.text_bigsize. Text size. Keep near default value.
global.text_medsize. Size of medium-sized text. Keep near default value.
global.text_smallsize: Size of small text. Keep near default value.
global.text_hoffset. Set the horizontal size of the font. Numbers between 0.99 and 1.01 are recommended.
global.text_woffset. Change the font’s size. Numbers between 0.99 and 1.1 are recommended.
global.text_yoffset. Change the font’s y-position. Numbers between 5 and 5 are recommended.
global.text_xoffset. Set the x position in your font. Numbers between -5 & 5 are recommended.
I’m glad you found the Sunrider 4: The Captain’s Return – How to Create your own translation guide article interesting. Leave a comment below pointing out any errors you found or making any suggestions for how we can make the post better, and we’ll do our best to get to them as soon as we can. Enjoy the rest of your wonderful day! Also, if you like the post, don’t forget to save us to your bookmarks; we update new posts every day with additional material, so be sure to check back with us frequently for more posts.
- All Sunrider 4: The Captain's Return Posts List