A way on how to connect your Quest 2 to your PC for PCVR.
IMPORTANT: Before following this guide.
Please make sure that your PC is capable of running VR games.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/SteamVR_Performance_Test/ – [steampowered.com]
This app will test your PC to see if VR is ready for it.
Installing Quest Desktop app (REQUIRED)
1. Go to www.oculus.com/setup – [oculus.com]
2. Below Quest 2, Airlink and link cable, click Download Software.
3. Open the Oculus app and click Install Now.
4. after installation, log into your Oculus account.
Using Link Cable
In the Oculus desktop app…
1. on “Select a connection method”, click on “Link (Cable)”
2. Plug in your link cable, or any supported USB-C cable into your computer and Headset
3. It should automatically connect once it detects that your headset is plugged in
1. On “Select a connection method”, click on “air link”
2. Follow the directions on screen of your Oculus desktop app
Airlink requires a stable internet connection or else it will be laggy and/or be poor in quality. Your computer and headset should be using the same wifi connection.
1. Put on your headset, and click on settings (the gear icon in your oculus home)
2. On Link cable, there should be a big box on the far right saying “Oculus Link” or something similar. Thats how you get in
3. On Airlink, the big box placement will be the same, click on that, and then click on your desktops name.
You should be able to then be switched over to a different looking world in your headset, meaning PCVR worked!
While wearing your headset, simply install (if you haven’t) and open SteamVR, the app should open on your headset
While in PCVR, the SteamVR app may not connect, here’s a way on how to change that.
1. In your Oculus desktop app, go to settings > general
2. Turn on “Unknown Sources” (This is also how you play roblox in VR!)
3. Restart SteamVR
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about SteamVR – How to connect Meta / Oculus Quest 2 Via Airlink or Link cable; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All SteamVR Posts List