Welcome. This Source Filmmaker – Creating the Mod Folder Guide was created to a*sist you, and we sincerely hope that you find it so.
1. How to create the Mod Folder
1. Open your Steam Library and launch SFM there. A window called SELECT LAUNCH OPTION will appear. Select Launch SDK, then hit Play.
2. A new window, SDK Launcher appears. Select the section Mod. Create a new Mod or add an existing Mod .
3. In this new window, type the Mod’s Folder name. If possible, try to avoid special characters It can cause problems when trying to read the folder’s path.
Next, choose Create.
4. A message to send Mod [NAME OF FOLDER] was successfully inserted… . Press OK.
5. Another message is: This will select the mod “[NAME OF FOLDER]”. . Select Cancel.
6. Now, go back to the SDK Launcher window. Select Mods: Edit Search Paths . The next window will open.
7. You will find all Mod’s folders in your SFM installation within the window Edit Search Paths. Each Mod Folder has a priority. This determines which a*sets to load. So if you have the same file in two different folders, it will load whichever has the highest priority. .
Make sure you tick the box for your Mod Folder and move it to a suitable place on the list. After you are done, press OK.
8. Before closing the SDK Launcher Window, ensure that the Mod Folder Selected (at the bottom) is set to usermod
Except for a reason specific, do not modify the default folder starting at usermod ).
If window Selecting Mod appears when you select usermod click OK. This will make that folder the default.
9. After you are done, close the SDK Launcher Window and start SFM as normal.
We’ve enjoyed a*sisting you with the Source Filmmaker – Creating the Mod Folder and hope you found it useful. If you see any mistakes or have suggestions for how we can improve this post, do let us know in the comments. Best wishes for a lovely day, and thanks for your time and effort! A big thank you to SpyKe for his post that inspired this guide. Also, if you like the post, don’t forget to add this website to your bookmarks; we publish new posts every day with additional material, so be sure to check back with this website frequently for more posts.
- All Source Filmmaker Posts List
Leave a Reply