There are numerous hidden items, armor sets, and weapons throughout Remnant: From the Ashes. You’re going to need to comb through a good chunk of the game to locate all of them. Here’s a list of the ones we’ve been able to identify and have jotted down to make your life easier.
Here’s a list of the hidden items you’re going to encounter in the game. Some of them randomly spawn in dungeons, so if you have not found them in a set location, keep looking. You’re going to need a handful of these items to find other armor and weapons along the way.
There are some folks who might see a coin like this as a mistake, others might find it charming, some might even think it’s lucky.
- Can be found randomly anywhere on Earth.
- Higher chances to spawn in dungeons.
- You can give this item to Ace, and she will reward you with Magnum Revolver and 300 Scrap.
This ring looks worn but well loved, polished from constant wear.
- Can be given to Reggie to receive a reward.
- Reward: Scavenger Trait.
- Can be found at a random location at Earth.
The Hounds were the old Buri’s family. I guess even family will turn on you, given the right motivation.
- Place the Control Rod into the chest of the Vyr automaton outside of Wud’s shop in Rhom and it will activate. This begins a boss fight against the Ancient Construct, which yields the Ancient Core.
- Drop by Maul
- Break the Houndmaster’s “HEAD”, a couple of shots or a shotgun blast will do the trick and when it starts to glow, the control rod should be visible. Maul will then attack it’s master. If you die the Houndmaster will not respawn and you will recieve the Control Rod when Maul is defeated provided that the device has been broken before.
Many Faces traveled with the Pan from their homeland across the Dark Sea to the lush world of Yaesha. It guarded them all that time, but in the end, it was Many Faces who needed guarding.
- Strange Curio is used to open a dungeon at Yaesha that contains Radiant Visage.
- Can be found at Yaesha in the back of the cart of the Stuck Merchant.
They say love’s stronger than anything. Brabus don’t say that, but then Barbus has forgotten a lot of things he once knew.
Pocket Watch is an Amulet and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Stamina Regen by 20 per second and reduces Stamina Cost by 20%.
- Find and speak with Old Mudtooth, also known as Brabus Senior, in the crashed helicopter chassis and exhaust all of his dialogue options until he rewards you with the pocket watch amulet.
- Brabus, the boss in the Depot, is Brabus Junior. If you possess the pocket watch when you engage him, he will ask for it. If you give it to him and answer “An old man gave it to me,” and “He said he wanted to give it to his son, but couldn’t wait any more,” the boss fight is skipped, and the player receives a full suit of Bandit Armor.
The whispers’ll protect you if you let ’em. They’ll kill you if you let ’em, too.
Twisted Idol is an Amulet and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Armor Effectiveness by 25%
- Kill the Wailing Tree.
- Drop by Wailing Tree.
The oak watches. The oak whispers. The oak wills.
- Found at Earth – Junktown on the random event Showdown at Junk Town. Kill the Twisted Mask Merchant to acquire the mask.
- Dropped by Mad Merchant after inquiring about his mask repeatedly.
The Undying’s best kept secret slept with the Guardian… but it was not his only secret.
Ezlan’s Band is a Ring and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Max Health by 25.
- Can be found dropped inside a building at The Iron Rift at Rhom.
- Can be found dropped at The Burrows at The Labyrinth.
Even the Root got hearts. I don’t mean they care or nothing. I mean there’s one place to shoot at what’ll drop ’em cold.
Heartseeker is a Ring and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Provides 100% Crit Chance against non-aggressive enemies and increases Crit Damage by 15%.
- Can be found at a random location at Earth.
The Root are damn fast. Do whatever it takes to be faster.
Root Circlet is a Ring and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Melee Attack Speed by 15%.
- The ring is obtained at Earth on the Marrow Pass on the random event Cult of the Root. Talk to a cultist talking to a large root, he will try to talk of the glory of the root and gives you the ring to show you. There are 2 large pulsing root “hearts” in the area as well, do not attack them before talking to him. Attacking them will turn the NPC hostile and make the ring unobtainable.
Some hunters took twists of Root bramble from fallen foes as trophies or charms. Kill one, they said, and you can kill’em all.
Braided Thorns is a Ring and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Crit Chance by 15% for 6 seconds after slaying an enemy.
- Dropped in the random event Cult of the Root by Root Worshipper found on Earth – Marrow Pass
- Attacking them will turn the NPC hostile you’ll loot the Braided Thorns off of their corpse.
Heart of The Wolf
The Black Wolf is death, but destroy it would be to destroy the Pan. All things must live in harmony.
The Heart of The Wolf is a Ring and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Stamina by 25 and Movement speed by 10%
- Yaesha, Pan Flautist Puzzle. One of two puzzle combinations, to get this one from left to right the combination is 3-4-5-3-2-1. The other puzzle reward you can choose is Swiftness.
In an effort to control the crystals, the Ahanae forbade the Gul from scavenging the jungle. Yet commoners acquired many tricks and traps to find that which should not be found.
Scavenger’s Bauble is an Amulet and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases the amount of Scrap picked up in the world by 35%
- Can be obtained by solving the Song of the Doe puzzle at Yaesha.
- The correct combination of bells is: 5 – 4 – 3 – 3 – 4 – 1 – 2 – 3 – 2 – 1.
Leto always wanted answers, wanted to understand what the hell was happening. They say his strenght came from carrying all his questions on his back.
Leto’s Amulet is an Amulet and an accessory in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Reduces Armor Encumbrance by 40% and Stamina cost by 10%
- Can be found on Earth in the Gorefist (Sunken Passage) or Shroud (Hidden Sanctum) dungeon, the first sewer entrance encountered, hidden behind the graffiti wall that says “Only the penitent man may pass.” Crouch and walk towards the wall. The wall clears up to expose a secret room with a tape recorder and the amulet.
Here are the weapons you need to go out of your way to locate and add to your collection.
Sure ammunition’s hard to come by, but the more you can spit into the air, the longer you’re likely to live.
Submachine Gun is a Hand Gun and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
DMG 7 RPS 16
Mag Size 35 Range 13m
Max Ammo 245 Crit Chance 5%
- Submachine Gun can be found at the basement of Ward 13 (On a table)
- Find the Ward 13 Keycard from the Founder’s Hideout (upon your first teleport)
- Travel back to Ward 13, head to B2 Level and use the Ward 13 Keycard.
- Find the Fuse in the newly opened restricted area.
- Head to B3 Level and put Fuse in box and turn on the fans.
- Use the Ward 13 Keycard again to open the door.
- Turn off the fans now and go through the fans entryway.
- Get the Ward 13 Master Key.
- Turn the fans back on and head to B2 Level.
- Use the Ward 13 Master Key to open the door.
Good for hunting Root and game. Wish there were more of the latter, though.
Hunting Pistol is a Hand Gun and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
DMG 126 RPS 2
Mag Size 1 Range 22m
Max Ammo 19 Crit Chance 15%
- Hunting Pistol can be found at a random event at Earth – Hidden Grotto called Hunter’s Hideout. After reaching the end of the dungeon you will find the Hunting Pistol inside of a locker.
There’s a reason the six-shooter’s been around forever. Simple. Powerful. Just don’t lose count.
The Magnum Revolver is a Hand Gun and one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
DMG 63 RPS 1.4
Mag Size 6 Range 18m
Max Ammo 30 Crit Chance 5%
- Gifted by Ace after giving her the Strange Coin, one of the Key Items found in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Always engage the Root from a distance, but don’t miss. Once they find you, this thing’ll be no better than a toothpick.
Sniper Rifle is a Long Gun and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
DMG 135 RPS 1.7
Mag Size 1 Range 35m
Max Ammo 27 Crit Chance 20%
- Sniper Rifle can be found at Earth: In the basement of the Church where you meet the Root Mother. Going into the front door of the Church, go through the doorway on the left far end. Turn left and continue down the hallway, heading down the stairs at the end. In the corner with lockers in it, the sniper will be there behind some pallet.
World used to be full of guns like this. Makes you wonder how the Root killed everyone as quickly as they did. Actually… best not to wonder about that.
Assault Rifle is a Long Gun and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
DMG 19.5 RPS 7
Mag Size 28 Range 18m
Max Ammo 196 Crit Chance 5%
- Found on a random event called Supply Run found at Earth – Sorrow’s Field Dungeon.
- Needs the Monkey Key to open the door of the dungeon where the Assault Rifle is located.
Desperate times, desperate measures. If that means filling the air with slugs–friend and foe be dammed–so be it.
Chicago Typewriter is a Long Gun and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
DMG 11 RPS 9.2
Mag Size 80 Range 15m
Max Ammo 320 Crit Chance 5%
- Location Earth, Land’s End / The Warren.
- Can be found by completing the event A Tale of Two Liz’s. After you save them, seek for a locked door and you will find the Chicago Typewriter inside.
An accurate long-range, lever-action rifle effective at close to mid-range, and reloads one round at a time.
Ricochet Rifle is a Long Gun and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
DMG 190 RPS 2
Mag Size 1 Range 20m
Max Ammo 28 Crit Chance 20%
- Richochet Rifle can be found in the Forgotten Undercroft on Yaesha. Upon approach of the weapon in the entry-way, the Blink Thief will appear and take the weapon. The player must pursue the Blink Thief to up to three locations, each of which grants the player twelve seconds to defeat the Blink Thief. If the Blink Thief is defeated during one of these locations, the player may obtain the Ricochet Rifle.
Scar of The Jungle God
The jungle has given us life and nourished us. We will hold this debt all our lives, until our blood nourishes the jungle once more.
Scar of The Jungle God is a Melee Weapon and is one of the Weapons in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Damage Value: 27
Melee Weapon Type: Claws
- The Scar of the Jungle God is found by completing the Bell Puzzle in the Ravager’s Haunt before going up to the cave where the Ravager sleeps. You have to complete the puzzle quickly or the dialogue won’t trigger in order for you to get the claws from the Ravager. As long as you do not approach the cave you can attempt the puzzle as many times as you want.
- If we were to map out the bells with numbers from the entrance: right bell is 1, left bell is 2, center bell is 3, back left bell is 4, back right bell is 5. Following that layout, the solution for the Ravager Bells would be: 5-1-5-1-2-3-4-1. You have to do this relatively quickly, especially if you aren’t in a group that can help hit the bells. If you do it too slowly, it won’t trigger and you’ll have to try again. If you do it correctly you’ll gain experience and some dialogue will play. After that, go talk to the big wolf named Ravager in the cave.
Here are several of the harder to find armor sets you’re going to encounter in the game.
The sun’s heart burns, but the fire of the Black Sun burns deeper, searing the very cells of the body.
Akari Set is an Armor Set in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- Can be found at Vault of The Herald located at Rhom. The three parts are hidden behind locked doors. In order to open them, you need to use Glowing Rod that you can find in the dungeons.
The door contain:
- Left: Akari Mask
- Middle: Akari Garb
- Right: Akari Leggings
When the world fell to pieces, folks like Brabus turned to killing each other. Fear gets in your head like that. Ain’t surprising, but it’s sad.
Bandit Set is an Armor Set in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- You will need Pocket Watch that can be found at Mud Tooth’s Hideout.
- Once you have it go to fight Brabus. If you give him Pocket Watch he will reward you with the whole Bandits Set.
Bandit Set Set Pieces
- Bandit’s Mask
- Bandit Jacket
- Bandit Trousers
Dead enemy still useful. Kill more. All useful.
Osseous Helm is a Head Armor and an Armor piece in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- Location: Wud Can be found at The Scouring Wastes at Rhom.
- Can be purchased from Wud for 3,500 Scrap after purchasing his secrets for an additional 500 Scrap.
Ossesus Set Pieces
- Osseus Helm
- Osseus Husk
- Osseus Kilt
The vyxworm requires a host to live, but the Iskal still glows like embers in the bones of the willing.
Slayer Set is an Armor Set in Remnant: From the Ashes
- Given by: the Iskal Queen after giving her the Guardian’s Heart.
Slayer Set Pieces
- Slayer Mask
- Slayer Mantle
- Slayer Boots
The first Radiant One was once Laemir. She discovered a connection between the jungle’s mystical crystals and death itself.
Radiant Set is an Armor Set in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- Find helm in a small side dungeon unlocked using a key item called “Strange Curio” found in the Yaesha area.
- Buy armor and boots from Stuck Merchant.
Radiant Set Pieces
- Radiant Visage
- Radiant Protector
- Radiant Greaves
It is said that those who gaze upon the Black Sun look upon death itself–its powers, its patterns, and its predetermination.
Void Set is an Armor Set in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- Can be purchased for 2,500 Scrap at Rhom, at the The Monolith – after completing floor tile puzzle. The solution of the puzzle can be found written on the wall at the back of the tower.
Void Set Set Pieces
- Void Skull
- Void Carapace
- Void Greaves
No telling what gets into folks’ heads when they start wandering. They looking for truth? Independence? Solutions that don’t exist? Only the drifter could tell ya’.
Drifter’s Set is an Armor Set in Remnant: From the Ashes.
- Found at Founder’s Hideout behind the shelf next to the corpse hanging at the wall. (Overcoat & Trousers).
- Drifter’s Mask can be found dropped at Earth at a random location.
Drifter’s Set Set Pieces
- Drifter’s Mask
- Drifter’s Overcoat
- Drifter’s Trousers
Here are Traits you can find in the game, and give details on how to unlock each one.
The Root are strong. You can’t defeat ’em if you don’t know ’em–if you don’t get into their skin.
Bark Skin is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Armor Effectiveness by +0.75% per Point.
- Speak with the Wailing Tree on Earth (need the Twisted Mask). Be warned: Can only be obtained by 1 player per playthrough.
Cold as Ice
We been left a dog-eat-dog world, kitten. Sooner you accept that, the longer you’ll live.
Cold as Ice is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases damage dealt to enemies when attacking them from behind.
- Win the faceoff by killing an ally in co-op after talking to Brabus.
- He will ask you to kill your co-op partner as long as you do not have the Pocket Watch amulet.
- (First player to enter the boss fight should not have the pocket watch, while the 2nd person should have it for the co-op fight option to appear)
- Only the player that wins the fight will get the trait.
Don’t mock the old, kid. They know one important thing you don’t: how not to die.
Elder Knowledge is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Experience Point Bonus by +1.75% per Point.
- Can be obtained by playing the tape recorded found at the basement of Ward 13
Just ’cause something’s hard to come by don’t mean you gotta pay like it is.
Scavenger is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Increases Scrap Boost by +2.5% per Point.
- Obtained from Reggie. After exhausting his dialogue where he talks about himself, give him the Tarnished Ring
- Tarnished Ring is a Key Item spawned randomly in the “Earth” zone.
- Can be alternatively obtained by picking up amount of Scrap.
Music is sown on the wind, paxultek. It travels swiftly to where it is needed most.
Swiftness is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Movement Speed Increased.
- Can be obtained in Yaesha by playing the “Song of the Guardian” on ANY of the bells but skipping the second line completely.
- The correct combination of bells is: 1-1-3-4-1-1-3-2
I don’t care how long you’ve known ’em. When a fella’s gotta pick between their friend’s life or their own, everyone makes the same damn choice.
Suspicion is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Reduced Friendly Fire Damage Taken by -2.5% per point.
- Can be obtained by being downed 10 times by friendly fire.
Sleight of Hand
Use what you got. Use everything you got. Only a dead fool leaves a weapon behind.
Sleight of Hand is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Weapon Swap Speed +2,5% per Point.
- Killing enemies and bosses to earn EXP to increase the Trait Rank. Upon increasing the rank, players are granted with at least 1 Trait Point.
- Finding and obtaining items that provide trait points such as the Tome of Knowledge. These are randomly scattered and may be dropped by enemies and bosses.
- Have to get 100 Kills with 10 different Guns (Unconfirmed).
- 100 Kills for each gun for a total of 1.000 kills.
- Kill 20 enemies by damaging them with one gun and switching to the other to finish them off within 3 seconds (Confirmed as of 25.09.19)
- Have to get 100 Kills with 10 different Guns (Unconfirmed).
- 100 Kills for each gun for a total of 1.000 kills.
The Root threatens every world, so every world is given a protector. Guardians are not easily killed.
Guardian’s Blessing is a Trait in Remnant: From the Ashes.
Melee Damage Reduction +1% per Point.
- Kill the Root Horror after he runs away at 50% health. You can find him where the Stuck Merchant is located.
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Remnant: From the Ashes – All Secret Items + Hidden Loot Locations; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Remnant: From the Ashes Posts List