Remnant 2 – Avoiding Negative Trait Point Save File Corruption
Hey, fellow gamers! Guess what? That pesky bug – Negative Trait Point Save File Corruption – has been messing with us again. You know, that one in Remnant 2 where the save file throws a tantrum, and your trait points evaporate? Yeah, that one. We’ll discuss what’s making it tick and how to avoid it. Plus, for those already in the hot seat, we’ve got some tips on fixing it up.
So, what’s making this bug pop up?
Well, it seems like Negative Trait Point Save File Corruption can show up for a bunch of reasons. Maybe your game’s having a little meltdown, or you lose your link to the host or your buddies. Or maybe you didn’t quite disconnect from the host as you should’ve. All these oopsies can mess up your save file, and you’ve got yourself a bug. Not fun, right?
How do we keep this bug off our backs?
Keen to dodge this pesky bug? Ask yourself a few things:
- Crashing more than a bicycle without wheels? If you’re having a rough time with crashes while you’re deep in Remnant 2, you’ve gotta tackle it head-on. Crashed saves are a fast lane to Negative Trait Point Save File Corruption. If the game’s being all shaky and wobbly for you, maybe take a breather until Gunfire Games comes up with a patch.
- Playing with your pals? Here’s the trick: say your goodbyes before the host does. Sometimes, the game might snap your connection without a proper save, and that’s an invite for Negative Trait Point Save File Corruption. Disconnect first, and you’re keeping your progress nice and safe.
- Gaming with strangers or in public games? Maybe take a rain check on those for now. You never know when a host might boot you, or your connection might go kaput, and that’s no good for your save file. If you can get outta there before being kicked, you’re doing your save file a solid.
- Crashing when you’re trying to quit? Make sure you exit the main menu before bailing on the game. It’s like putting on your seatbelt before a ride; this little step can really help to avoid any hiccups (or worse, Negative Trait Point Save File Corruption).
Been bugged already? Here’s how to un-bug:
- Just got booted? Check your trait points ASAP.
- Are trait points looking funky? Hunt down your backup files.
- Where’s the backup? Try this address: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Saved Games\Remnant2\Steam
- Now, replace both the profile and save game files by kicking out your current .sav files and renaming the profile and save_# extensions to .sav.
- Until our pals at Gunfire Games bring out a fix, it’s wise to keep an eye on your trait points and call in your backups when you need to.
So there you have it, folks. Negative Trait Point Save File Corruption can really rain on your Remnant 2 parade. But if you follow our tips, you can outsmart this bug. If you’re already wrestling with it, our un-bugging steps can get you back on track. And hey, keep your eyes peeled for any fixes or patches Gunfire Games might drop to kick this bug to the curb. Game on, friends!
- All Remnant 2 Posts List