It can be used to easily provide a better viewing experience to spectators on your couch or in your stream or create advanced videos with controllable camera views.
Ragnaröck has a secret feature, allowing you to display external camera views on your monitor, independently from your VR view.
It can be used to :
- Provide a more comfortable viewing experience for spectators, either on your couch or during live streams
- Record yourself playing from a different point of view to improve your technique or give us specific feedback
- Create entertaining gameplay videos with multiple camera angles and movements
Here is an example showing different camera angles you can achieve (every shot was made in-game with this tool) :
This feature can be very taxing on your GPU; you may experience severe framerate drops if you don’t have a potent graphics card, making the game hard to play.
This problem can be mitigated by lowering the VR screen resolution in the settings menu (or through SteamVR). It won’t affect the external camera’s resolution (always FullHD).
- Improved FPS view, with smoother camera movements, better field of view, and camera roll disabled
- Controllable cameras, some of them relative to the scene’s various objects (to keep your movements relative to the boat, for example). There are 3 in differents places of the world, 1 on each hammer, 1 on the head, 2 on the boat. All of them are controlled with an Xbox gamepad to frame a custom static shot or make smooth camera movements.
How to enable
To enable External Cameras, add these lines to your Engine.ini config file.
In a shipped build, it’s located under
At the end of the file, add :
You’ll have to write the lines by hand; Steam formatting removes uppercase when brackets are used :
Here is the content, don’t forget to add the brackets back!
/Game/Blueprints/ExternalCameras/BP_ExternalCamerasManager.BP_ExternalCamerasManager_C enableExternalCameras=True You can also auto-enable the smoothed first-person camera by adding the following line right under it.
/!\ Warning: there’s a known bug in multiplayer; the external cameras don’t work after the first song…if you’re playing hosted games, you can close and launch a new game as a workaround…sorry about that; we’re working on it!
The FPS view can be triggered by pressing the NumPad 0 key.
The controls for movable cameras are intended for an Xbox gamepad (described below), but most actions are also available on the keyboard (undocumented).
You can disable external cameras altogether by pressing the backspace key.
Controls with a gamepad (Xbox) :
I hope this guide has been useful; I can’t wait to see what you do with it!
discord.com – https://discord.com/invite/DKHk5rQ if you want to share your best gameplay videos <3
This is all about Ragnaröck – How to enable spectator cameras; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Ragnaröck Posts List