2. Search or Browse through the maps that you want.
3. Once you have found the mod you want, install it.
4. https://www.7-zip.org/download.html Download this. You will need it to extract the folder (this will come in a moment).
6. Go to your File Explorer, and find the quakespasm .zip file.
7. Right Click on it, go to “7-Zip”, and Click Extract to “quakespasm-0.93.2_win64/”
8. Open the new folder, and copy everything (Ctrl + C).
9. Go to Quake in your steam library, right click on the name, click hover your mouse arrow over “Manage”, click Browse Local Files, and hit Ctrl + V.
10. Repeat Step 7 – 9, but this time with the mod you have installed.
11. Open Quake. If it still looks as old as Quake does, exit the game, go to the directory and double-click on quakespasm (If you want your game to count the hours as you play quakespasm, just open the game while quakespasm is running, and turn off the CD Music Volume and Sound).
12. Open the console in game, by going to “Go To Console” or in game, hit ` / ~ (just the button the the left of the “1” key and above the “Tab” key).
13. Lets say the name of the mod you installed was, hmmm…. Cookie Madness! Type in the console: Game Cookie Madness (some mods will require you to type the name of the mod. I have no idea why. But lets say the Cookie Madness folder name was “Cookie_Madness.it_1” Then you would type that into the console).
14. Enjoy your mod!
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Quake – (Windows 10) How To Install Custom Maps/Games and Successfully Run Them!, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Quake Posts List