PUBG Training Mode Guide – How to Complete Basic Training, ADS
You heard that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now free-to-play and jumped right into it. You were able to avoid the on-going server issues occurring with the transition and the new update. But now, instead of being able to start matchmaking directly, you’re forced to play a series of tutorial missions. This guide explains what the PUBG training mode entails, as well as how to complete Basic Training fast — that way, you’ll be surviving multiplayer for more than five minutes in no time.
Can I Skip PUBG Training Mode?
No, you can’t skip PUBG training mode, even if you have played the game beforehand. As explained by the developer in the update 15.2 patchnotes, both “new and returning players must complete this mode first to proceed to the next AI Training Match tutorial.”
The disclaimer is in reference to Basic Training Mode. In order to matchmake with other players and jump into battle royale, there are two main requirements:
- Complete Basic Training
- Complete either 4 AI Training Drills or 10 AI Matches
If you’re a new player, this long tutorial may come in handy. But if you already know how the game works, it can be a hassle. That said, the patchnotes mention that it’s possible to play normal matches if you’re in a party.
If you’re interested in unlocking all game modes and features, here’s what you should focus on.
How to Complete Basic Training Fast – PUBG Training Mode
First off, and I can’t stress this enough, ignore the Tutorial Missions. You don’t have to complete them. From the main menu, you’ll have Basic Training selected by default. Press Start and wait for a couple seconds to begin. Basic Training doesn’t involve matchmaking, so it won’t be long until you’re playing it.
As the name implies, it’s fairly straightforward. The tutorials involve:
- Movement Tutorial: Super standard stuff, but it’s helpful to know about vaulting.
- Weapon Tutorial: Simple explanation of weapon looting and aim down sight shooting. Pick up a weapon and ammo from the table on the right side, reload, head towards the targets and use ADS (right click or either LT/L2 on consoles) to shoot the targets. If you can’t ADS in PUBG, press the ADS button twice. You can then shoot at one target 10 times.
- Throwable Tutorial: Grab a Frag Grenade from the table, head to the shooting range and throw it towards the marked spot. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t land exactly in the middle. Afterwards, you can go ahead and move to the next area.
- Healing Tutorial: Pick up the First Aid Kit from the table on the left and use it. Then, grab the Painkillers next to the kid and take both of them.
- Reviving Tutorial: Press F (or the designated controller prompt) to revive the teammate inside the room.
That’s all! After a couple seconds you’ll be sent back to the main menu. Once more, ignore the Tutorial Missions — you don’t need to complete them to unlock all of the modes and features.
Should I Do 10 AI Matches or 4 AI Training Drills in PUBG?
This is a tricky question, as the second requirement to enable matchmaking in PUBG is more time consuming than Basic Training.
AI Match is the only other mode available to you during the start. As for AI Training Drills, these are objectives that you can complete during AI Matches, listed below:
- Win a chicken dinner (meaning you should get 1st place in an AI Match)
- Get 5 total kills
- Loot 1 total item from Care Packages
- Drive vehicles 2000 m. in total
If you want to follow the first option, keep in mind that you don’t need to finish the 10 AI Matches. For reference, I spent only a couple minutes in a match (up until the first circle began closing) and got killed by a bot. This counted towards the task (you can confirm this as the 10/10 in AI Training Match will now display 9/10, and so on.)
Thanks For Reading
This is all about PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS – How to Complete Basic Training – ADS Tips & Tricks; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Posts List