Pulled from a Forum Post on the Official forums.
User: Eidolon6090 (Unknown if he/she was the original person to find this fix.)
- Press Win+R to open the Run dialog
- Run %LocalAppData%
- Create a directory SEGA if it doesn’t exist yet. Open it.
- Create a directory PHANTASYSTARONLINE2_NA_STEAM if it doesn’t exist yet. Open it.
- Create a file name steamupdate.txt by right clicking > New > Text Document (IF FILE EXTENSIONS ARE HIDDEN IN YOUR EXPLORER, JUST NAME IT steamupdate)
- Open it in Notepad
- Put the text v70000_rc_135
- Save the file then Launch the game from steam.
It should now launch. <3
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis – [FIX] “Update for the game file has been detected”; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis Posts List