Welcome to Persona 3 Portable – How to Transfer PSP / PPSSPP Saves to Steam Guide.
This guide will show you how to import your P3P saved from the original PSP or the PPSSPP emulator right into Steam.
A Steam guide was requested by some people based on my experience.
Original Reddit post – Reddit.com
How to import a P3P from PSP/PPSSPP into the Steam version. My findings are primarily based on zestiva’s post on GBAtemp.
How to import
First, if you used an emulator or the original PSP to play the game, you will need PPSSPP to continue.
- This only applies to OG PSP transfers. Find your P3P save folder on your PSP (ULES01523DATAxx, the xx depends on what save slot you used) and transfer it to your PPSSPP save file folder: PPSSPP\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA.
- You will now need to re-save your game without encryption. First, you will need to modify a.ini file. Go to the file: PPSSPP\memstick\PSP\SYSTEM\ppsspp.ini, Find EncryptSave and change it from EncryptSave=True to EncryptSave=False.
- Once you have done this, open the PPSSPP emulator and re-save PPSSPP files inside the emulator to create a non-encrypted backup file.
- Create a temporary save on P3Steam. Make a new character with your PSP save. This character must be saved ASAP (4/7 – ).
- The transfer: Open P3Steam, and then go to the LOAD menu. Click on the temporary P3Steam file to open the “Load This File” menu. Click on DO NOT to confirm. If you are using the first save slot, tab out of the game and delete your temporary P3Steam Save (P3PSAVE0001.BIN). After this, take your newly saved, un-encrypted PPSSPP save file from PPSSPP\memstick\PSP\SAVEDATA\ULES01523DATAxx(the xx depends on what save slot you used), transfer it to Steam\userdata\your_steam_ID\1809700\remote (1809700 is the P3P directory) and rename it to the same file name as your temporary character (should be from P3PSAVE.BIN to P3PSAVE0001.BIN if you’re using the first save slot). Once your temporary file has been overwritten with the PPSSPP encrypted file, you can click YES in P3Steam to actually load it.
Troubleshooting and Notes
- Unable to save after loading successfully. There is no match between the two save files.
- When trying to load a game, the game crashes. This happens when you try to load encrypted PPSSPP files.
- Are you getting the “Load failure” message? The save file is not in the same folder or doesn’t have the correct name: “P3PSAVE00xx.BIN”. (where xx is 01 for slots 1, 02 for slots 2, etc.)
- Backups of your save files are recommended. Don’t forget to back up the original PPSSPP file. Make sure you have a backup of the unencrypted file in case you need to re-save. Finally, save a copy of the P3Steam file to avoid spending 5-10 minutes if you accidentally overwrite it.
- I tried unmatching difficulty settings, and it worked sometimes. Once you have saved your PPSSPP file, you can change the same difficulty again in the game menu.
- Once you have successfully loaded the PPSSPP file, I recommend saving it in slot 2 and then quitting the game to verify that it works.
Guide with photos
Check the step numbers starting at How to import
2. Find ppsspp.ini
2. Change EncryptSave=True
2. To EncryptSave=False
3. Enter PPSSPP to re-save your data without encryption. Note Name, gender, and difficulty
4. You can make a temporary save in P3Steam using the same NAME, GENDER or DIFFICULTY
5. Click to load your temp file. Do NOT click Yes
5. Tab out and delete the temp (P3PSAVE0001.BIN). Next, move your PPSSPP to the same folder and rename to P3PSAVE0001.BIN. This will give it the same name that the temp save. Do not touch P3PSAVE0001.BINslot
5. Click Yes to load your PPSSPP File
5. Save your file again, preferably in slot 2.
Last but not least
I hope you find this helpful for anyone trying to import their NG+ omega Messiah playthroughs.
Last but not least, I want to thank Emma, my parents’ dog.
PekkaJukka*son / Just Ate Some Tasty Pasta Bruh
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Persona 3 Portable – How to Transfer PSP / PPSSPP Saves to Steam; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Persona 3 Portable Posts List