This is how you can efficiently level up from 1 to 60 in New World. I hope you guys enjoy !
Original Creator is u/Larsenontwitch on Reddit.
Things to do asap and useful tips to keep in mind:
- Only do the fishing quest in Windsward if you really enjoy fishing;
- Pick up all journals you see (if you press T you don’t have to read them);
- Pick up all herbs you see (1 hyssop + 1 water = health potion);
- Pick up all iron you see and craft a full set of iron tools asap: which requires:
38 iron ingots / 152 iron
10 timber / 40 wood
6 coarse leather / 24 rawhide
- You should keep in mind you want to get 30 gathering asap for the main quest that will require:
38 iron ingots / 152 iron
3 Rivercrest stems
3 Petal Caps
- You need to have the Rivercrest+Petal Caps+Water on you when you receive the main quest so either pick up enough materials to craft two sets of potions or wait until you have accepted the quest from her and go to a nearby campfire to craft the 3x corrupted tinctures;
- You also need lvl 10 mining to gather 20 silver ore that should be crafted into 5 silver ingots for the main quest;
- Choose one city to stash items in and try to stash before fast travelling;
- Pick up spirit shrines (fast travels);
- Always pick up PVE faction quest when you return to a settlement for new side missions;
- If you wanna do a lot of pvp early you can buy faction gear but if you just wanna rush side missions it is not needed. I spend my faction tokens on HP potions until level 40;
- Monarch/Windsward/First Light have a cow you can milk and turn into tier 1 food rations;
- Every settlement has honey that can be a secondary ingredient in tier 2 food. Stockpile it;
- Territory standings points I choose XP > Storage > standing > gathering but do as you please.
- Skip the intro by going to game settings and clicking skip;
- Pick up 4 flint + 4 wood and craft all tools;
- Kill and skin two boars instead of just one required for the quest.
- On the way to first settlement make sure you gather:
16 rawhide (two boars from earlier is enough)
- In the settlement you will be given 90 iron and asked to make Iron ingots and then craft a sword. If you plan on playing melee you get enough iron to craft an additional weapon after crafting a sword, I personally craft a great axe but if you don’t you can craft either a Iron sickle or pickaxe instead.
- You should stay in whatever zone you start in until level 12 unless you are meeting up with friends. Do all the initial quests, pick a faction and once you have done the main quest where you clear 3 small corrupted portals you should be level 11-12 and you will unlock the fast travel point to the docks without going there. You can use this fast travel to go towards the next settlement and save some time.
- Ignore the main quest for now
- My preferred order of zones to visit is First light > Monarch > Windsward and save Everfall until I start doing the main quest.
- When should you leave a zone and go to the next one? When you start getting quests that are 3-4 levels higher than your character it is time to go, they will be hard to complete and will not give you any new quest afterwards until you level up further.
- So keep doing things from the notes at the start and do side missions appropriate for your level in each respective zone. If you are level 16 and see level 19 quests you can just come back later.
- After doing side missions + pve missions in all four starter zones you should be around level 18.
Now is the perfect time to do main quest and Everfall:
- Optional if you pvp flag you gain extra xp from turning in quest outside of settlement
- Step 0: STASH ALL EXCESS ITEMS YOU HAVE AND THEN FAST TRAVEL BACK AND FORTH TO THE QUEST LOCATION AND THE DOCKS
- Step 1: Go do the Main quest at the ruins between Everfall and Monarch
- Step 2: Pick up all Quest in everfall and do the 3 quest you get in everfall + main quest
- Step 3: Go to monarch and do main quest
- Step 4: Go to First light and do main quest
- Step 5: Go to Monarch and do main quest
- Step 6: Main quest should now be in sync with everfall quest
- Step 7: Kill forgemaster
- Step 8: Forge the staff
- Step 9: wait until you are level 23 to do the Amrite Expedition
After completing all main quests in Everfall you can now do all side missions in Everfall.
- Do all side missions + main quest in Windsward but don’t do Amrite expedition until you are level 23 because you gain access to Barkimedes repeatable quest.
- If you want you can find a group and set up rotations for amrite and do a couple of runs since it drops good items and barkimedes gives decent xp!
- After being done with Amrite + main quest in Windsward I go to any wolf cave and level up my skinning to 25 and then finish the remaining side quest in First light.
Now we need to talk about “filler” xp:
- In New World you won’t be able to go to a new zone and have a good time if you follow the recommended level as shown on the map. Let’s use Cutlas Keys as an example but this counts for every single zone going forward. It is advertised as a 26-40 zone but if you go there at level 26 you will not have enough quests to level up and do all of the quests in the zone. Most side missions unlock when your character reaches a certain level.
- So it is worth going to Cutlas keys at level 29-30 and do all the quests you can and then return later around level 35-37 and do the remaining quest.
- Still this leaves a gap from level 25-29 and this is where “filler” xp is required. Let’s talk about different ways to get xp outside of questing.
As a solo player you can:
- Town Board missions (guide for it coming soon)
- Aoe grind mobs if you are the only player on the server there (:
- PVE faction missions
As a group:
- Expedition rotations with repeatable quest
- Corrupted breach farming
- AoE farm golden elites
- Filler xp as you please
- Congrats you can go back to efficiently questing again for some time.
- Do everything you can in Brightwood until the quests are +5 level above you.
- Do everything you can in Cutlas Keys until the quests are +5 level above you.
- Do everything you can in Weavers Fen until the quests are +5 level above you.
- Return to Brightwood and complete the rest of the quests. Only do (Elite) ones in a group.
- Return to Cutlas Keys and complete the rest of the quests. Only do (Elite) ones in a group.
- Return to Weavers Fen and complete the rest of the quests. Only do (Elite) ones in a group.
- Back to filler xp 🙁 enjoy
- You can now do all the quests on the right side of great cleave and then move onto Restless shore and do the side quests and the main quest in The Depths expedition.
- The main quest will hopefully continue as datamined on full release but for now I don’t know the next steps for it.
- Hopefully the main quest pops off here otherwise do some of your favourite filler xp again! Yay wow amazing.
- Do all the quest in morningdale + remaining quest in great cleave on the left side and potentially more main quests.
- Filler xp yay
- Now is a good time to go to Edengrove and finish the entire zone of quest there, note that you need to be able to craft or buy tier 3 blighted tinctures to complete all the quests.
- After you are done with edengrove you can do the first two quests in Ebonscale reach (visit 5 dragon shrines + kill some alligators) and you will be rewarded with tier 4 bag and an expedition key. The rest of the quests in Ebonscale reach are not really worth your time.
- Filler xp yay!
- Unless you have a big group you can move onto shattered mountain and do the quests there eventually.
- After you are done with Weavers fen you would have to pretty much do filler exp all the way to 60 since the quests were super scarce in the rest of the zones.
Hopefully that changes with the main quest being added after the Depths dungeon and that will be able to cover some of the big periods of filler exp !
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about New World – How to Level Up Fast in Game; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All New World Posts List