This guide will help you fix NFS Heat’s high CPU usage and stuttering. This issue has been around for a while, and Ghost has not fixed it, leaving players to solve the problem themselves.
1. This is a good idea before following this guide.
Before you try any of these steps, make sure to enable v_sync in the game and disable steam overlay. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you can try this guide.
2. The tutorial
1. Right-click on NFS Heat in your library and choose to Manage > Browse Local Files. If you already know the folder, go there.
2. Copy the following into a notepad.
3. Open the notepad and click file> save as. Ensure the file is saved as an cfg file, not a notepad. If you wish, you can delete any notepad files created with the default name.
4. Go to your documents folder DocumentsNeed For Speed Heat settings. Repeat the same steps as in the third step, but within the settings folder (create the cfg file and paste the following text.)
Try launching NFS Heat to see if you have any issues.(note : The game may take a lot of CPU when it is loading up, but this ends when it loads up)
3. Last resort in the event that the fix doesn’t work
If the problem is not resolved, you can try again.
-Change NFS Heat’s compatibility mode to Windows 7(. Right click on NeedForSpeedHeat.exe and go to properties. Set it to Windows 7. Then, apply)
-Lower Graphical settings to a lower preset
My before and after (with AMD Wraith Stealth Stock cooler, CPU is Ryzen5 5600G. Vega7 Graphics)
BEFORE: CPU Usage : 50-70% Temp : 78-81c
AFTER: CPU Usage: 20-30% Temp: 67-69c (nice)
5. End of guide+Credits
End of the guide. This guide is hoped to work for you as it did for me. Good luck!
Sgt. Drayke: Watch the video of the fix. You can check him out on youtube
EA: This game was created and placed under a 95% steam(sale. Ends October 11th)
This is all about Need for Speed™ Heat – How to fix high CPU usage/stutter; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Need for Speed™ Heat Posts List