The glitch consists of either your screen periodically going from normal to complete black, or your game just stays black after entering a Time Turner area.
I’ve searched far and wide to find a fix for the ‘black screen glitch’; a strange glitch that occurs on the PC version of the game, and after seeing some other people giving solutions I figured I’d just sum it up on a mini-guide here.
During my time playing PC Lego Harry Potter, I’ve experienced a glitch in some of these areas where the screen either periodically goes from normal to a black screen, or the screen just goes completely black altogether, hence making these places unplayable. I have had this glitch in the majority of the rooms listed above.
There are five locations in Hogwarts that require the use of the Time Turner, they are listed below.
-Outside the Quidditch Pitch
-Gryffindor Dormitory/Common Room
-Clock Room (door to the right of the large pendulum)
Doing this also fixes the Year 3, Level 6 crash.
A fair warning, though. Once you have completed the steps below, many light sources in the game will look very bad. These include Lumos, interactive lights around the castle etc. It will, however, be worthwhile as the time turner areas will be unplayable no longer!
Feel free to revert the changes once you’ve completed those areas to fix the lighting problems.
Now, on to the walkthrough.
(Reminder: before doing the steps below, ensure the game is closed down beforehand).
– Firstly, you’re going to want to go to ‘This PC’ – this is where all of your computers’ files/folders should be located.
– Scroll down the left hand side until you find a section called: “Windows (C:)”.
Click on this.
– From there, find the search bar in the top right hand corner of Windows (C:) and type in the phrase, “pcconfig”. Hit enter to begin searching.
(Your PC may take a minute or two to search for any files with this name).
– Find the text file named “pcconfig” that has a file path as follows:
C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\WB Games\LEGO® Harry Potter™
– Open this text file, and alter all the numbers underneath ‘Mouse Sensitivity’ to the number ‘0’.
Once you’ve done all of this, hit ‘File –> Save’ at the top left of the text file and boot up the game.
That’s you ready to go.
Please let me know of any errors in this mini glitch-fix guide, I’d be happy to help out with any problems. Have a lovely week!
This is all about LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 – A Guide to fixing the Time Turner black screen glitch!; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Posts List
Leave a Reply