How to Beat the Culex Secret Boss in Super Mario RPG
Hey there, gamers! Ready to dive into a wild ride and take on Culex, the secret boss in Super Mario RPG? Picture this: a hidden ornate door in the quirky Monstro Town, just waiting for you to crack it open. But watch out, Culex is no walk in the park – it’s a battle that’ll really put your skills to the test!
Finding Your Way to Monstro Town’s Secret Door
So, you’re itching to uncover Monstro Town’s hidden gems? Here’s a game plan:
- First, mosey on over to Moleville. There’s this house, right, just north of where all the action is. That’s your first stop.
- Inside, you’ll find this mysterious NPC chilling in the corner. Chat them up and snag the Fireworks for a cool 500 gold coins.
- Once you’ve got the Fireworks, head outside. You’ll see this kid hiding behind some old crates. Trade your shiny new Fireworks for this rad Shiny Stone.
- With the Shiny Stone in hand, strut on over to Monstro Town. March up to that big, fancy door, and boom! The Shiny Stone works its magic, and you’re in!
What’s Up With Culex, the Retro Boss?
Now, Culex is like a blast from the past with its 16-bit vibes, straight out of the old school. But don’t let that fool you – this boss and its crystal minions pack a serious punch. These bad boys represent different elements and have some nasty tricks up their sleeves.
Here’s a pro tip: kit out your crew with the Ghost Medal and Super Suit. And don’t forget to slap the Trueform Pin on Peach – you don’t want her turning into something weird mid-fight, right?
Now, let’s break down Culex’s attack playbook:
- Solo moves: Culex has some slick moves like Diamond Saw and Dark Star. These are blockable, but the fancy animations make timing your counters tricky.
- Group smackdowns: Then there’s the big guns like Petal Blast and Shredder. These hits can’t be blocked and will mess up your whole party with damage or nasty debuffs.
Choosing Your Dream Team for the Culex Showdown
Alright, when you’re up against Culex, you gotta think strategy. You’re facing multiple baddies at once, so you need a squad that can dish out damage and keep everyone standing. Here’s the team that got me through:
- Peach is your guardian angel here. With her healing powers, she’s the go-to for patching up the squad.
- Geno is your heavy hitter. Unleash his Geno Blast and Geno Flash when it’s time to light up the battlefield.
- And Mario? He’s your steady hand, dishing out the regular attacks and keeping those flower points topped up with some Maple Syrup.
Stay focused, chip away at those minions, and soon, you’ll have Culex on the ropes. And guess what? After the dust settles, you’ll nab the sweet Quartz Charm. Culex might even drop a hint about popping up in 3D land someday. So, gear up, have fun, and show Culex who’s boss in Super Mario RPG!
- All Super Mario RPG Posts List