You don’t have to manually install the special patch or mod the game to uncensor it, you can just use HF Patch to do it automatically and add a ton of new content along the way. This guide tells you what exactly it does, how to get it and how to install it.
About HF Patch
A patch for HoneySelect2Libido (usually shortened to HoneySelect2 or HS2) with all free updates, fan-made English translations and essential mods. It will improve performance, add features, fix common issues, and allow you to load character cards and scenes found online. All this while still keeping the original, uncluttered feel of the game.
All content is tested and fixed (or removed) as needed before each update. HF Patch can repair many common problems, try it if you have issues with your game or mod setup. By default, it cleans the game before applying new mods, providing a stable platform for further modding. You can apply HF Patch over any game installation or repack without issues.
HoneySelect2 can be split into two parts: character and scene creation tools (character maker and Studio), and a meet&fluff story mode (it can use your custom characters, but not scenes). Here are some previews of the creation tools:
You can see some video recordings of the character maker and studio being used
(most videos are for Koikatsu, but maker and studio have essentially identical features in KK, AIS and HS2).
HF Patch does not contain the full game, paid expansions or any other pirated content. You have to buy the game and expansions separately. The base game (HoneySelect2), and by extension this patch are not suitable for minors. If you are under 18 years old you can not use this patch. The base game and this patch contain only characters of age 18 or higher. The creator of this patch is not responsible for creations of its users and prohibits any unlawful use of this software.
You can see more info and the source code here: https://github.com/ManlyMarco/HS2-HF_Patch – [github.com]
HF Patch includes and installs by default:
- Free updates, including Studio (sandbox character poser / scene creation tool)
- Fan-made translations and automatic machine translations to fill in gaps in official translation
- Most commonly used plugins and mods, which allows you to load most character cards and scenes available online
- Fixes for common issues with the game and mods like botched mod installs
- Full uncensor with multiple different models
- You can see a full list of plugins included in HF Patch here – [github.com] .
Note that HF Patch does not contain the full game, paid expansions or any other pirated content. The full game needs to be already installed for the patch to work.
How to install the patch?
- Install HoneySelect2
- Download the latest HF Patch release from here – [github.com] . You should get a single .exe file and 2 or more part files. You can place these files anywhere you want. DO NOT download any .zip files from GitHub – they contain source code for the patch, not the patch itself.
- Install the latest HF Patch by running the .exe and following the wizard. The default settings should work well for most users, especially newcomers.
- Done! You can now start the game launcher as usual and you will notice some new options straight away. You can remove the downloaded patch installation files now if you want to save some space.
Important: It doesn’t matter if you install special patch or any other update before applying HF Patch, but do not install special patch or update on steam after installing HF Patch! The patch makes the game compatible with original jp updates (for studio and mod support) but that means it’s no longer compatible with updates specific to the steam version. If steam auto updates the game, you can run the patch again to fix it.
FAQ / Notes
There is an extensive FAQ on the wiki – [anime-sharing.com] . If the FAQ didn’t answer your question/issue, search the hs2 channels on the IllusionSoft Discord server – [discord.gg] . There are also some guides available on the server.
If you need further help, feel free to ask in the #help channel on the server. Try to search for your issue first by using the Discord’s search box at top right, it might have been already answered before. Please don’t ask for help under this guide because I rarely check the comments here.
Notes for HF Patch, I strongly recommend reading them!
- Only Japanese and English localizations are fully supported at the moment, if you play the game in Chinese then you will notice markedly worse translations after installing HF Patch.
- You can configure many plugins by Pressing F1 and then “Plugin settings”. You can also see most of the plugin hotkeys in this menu (and change them).
- You can prevent Steam from showing you play the game by starting the .exe manually (not from the Steam library). Make your games private to be extra sure. The game can also run with Steam turned off. Just know that we won’t judge you for your hours played 🙂
- If you verify game files in your Steam client, you will lose many features and have to re-run HF Patch to get them back. You can do this if you have issues as it will restore game files but not remove any of your data (to remove/disable mods you have to remove the BepInEx and mods folders).
- Installing HF Patch will add free updates for HS2, which contain Studio (separate exe file). For many people this is the only mode they use (apart from character maker to make characters for use in studio), so it is highly recommended that you check it out.
- You can see other people’s creations and download their studio scenes from the Discord server, bepisdb – [bepis.moe] and the booru – [booru.org] . You might need to run Update from game launcher to load some cards and scenes if they use mods not included in the patch.
- HF Patch does not contain the full game, paid expansions or any other pirated content. The full game needs to be already installed for the patch to work. All paid DLC are optional and not required, you can skip them and the patch will still work fine (some features might be disabled/unavailable).
- You can install HF Patch over almost any game install and have it work perfectly, and you can run it again to enable/disable some plugins. This patch will automatically fix many broken game/mod installs and common issues. Just make sure to let it remove all old mods when asked.
- It’s recommended to install all content mods if you plan to download character cards – they are required by many cards and scenes. If you find a card that is showing mod missing warnings try updating Sideloader Modpacks. This can be done with KKManager – [github.com] .
- The mods included in the patch don’t modify any game files and can be easily disabled by removing the “winhttp.dll” file from your game directory. Official patches are applied permanently.
- Included fan translations are only used to fill in the gaps in official translation.
- Please leave the modders some positive feedback or help them in some other way!
- There is no warranty on this patch or on any of the included mods. You are installing this patch at your own risk. That being said, we try our best to help in case of issues. If you find any bugs, do let us know so they can be fixed.
Please don’t ask for help in comments, I don’t check them. Ask on discord or patreon instead.
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about HoneySelect2Libido DX – How to install HF Patch; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All HoneySelect2Libido DX Posts List