Welcome. This Hogwarts Legacy – FPS Boost Megathread Optimization Guide was written to be of use to you, and our honest hope is that you will find that to be the case.
This guide will give you the best optimization in the game.
I will add additional fixes found around the web whenever I can, so we can eventually have one megathread for the most commonly encountered (at) problems and the possible solutions.
I want to start by thanking those who have provided guides that suggest updating DLSS manually.
This increased the motivation I was seeking to achieve by working hard.
The most up-to-date DLSS can be downloaded
Here is the link to [techpowerup.com]
Copy & Replace that DLL to: "\YOUR PATH TO GAME\Hogwarts Legacy\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Nvidia\DLSS\Binaries\ThirdParty\Win64"
Now, on to the Nvidia driver stuff
- Right-click your desktop to open Nvidia Control Panel
- Go to Manage 3D Settings
- Click on the “Program Settings Tab”
- Ultra Low Latency Mode
- Power Management Mode > Prefer Maximum Performance
- Triple Buffering > On
- Vsync > Fast
This game doesn't have multiplayer and the AI appears to be tied to the render times, so Triple Buffering will still sync the AI to your latency.
The game is built using an unreal Engine, so any ini from other games using unreal engines will usually work with this game (and other).
In your GameUserSettings.ini (C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor) you’re going to add a few lines.
Open the ini, and scroll to the bottom, and add:
Look for the [SystemSettings] section just above where you added this new line.
r.TextureStreaming=0 r.MaxAnisotropy=set this to whatever you want; (x2, x4, x8, x16) max is 16 r.AsyncCompute=1 FullscreenMode=0 LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=0 PreferredFullscreenMode=0
TextureStreaming is turned on by default in UE4 games. This causes stuttering and hitching when you enter new locations or return to old ones. This forces the game to reload (IE entering Hogwarts after a 10-minute mission in Hogsmead). This allows you to maintain a steady FPS with 16GB or more RAM and at least 6-8 GBs of VRAM.
For AsyncCompute, I would recommend using this program if you own at least a 30 series Nvidia or at least a 6000 series AMD (or newer)
If not, set “AsyncCompute=0” in your ini settings.
After that, you can save the ini and set it to READ ONLY (right click>properties)
AND for the most crucial SECTION
You can turn off raytracing for the time being unless you own a 4000 series RTX Card, and can make use of Frame Generation.
These settings allow me to play the game at 75-80 FPS with an ultra AMD 3060ti. The 1% lows are barely below 60.
Exluding the game in Exploit protection
1. Search for “Exploit Protection” in the search bar. This is done manually in Windows Security app by selecting “Windows Security app” in the task bar or searching the start menu. Next, click the “App and Browser” control tile (or click on the icon for the app in the left menu bar), and then choose “Exploit Protection”.
2. Click the “Program settings” tab.
3. Click on the “Add program for customization” button
4. Click the “Choose exact file path.”
5. Navigate to the HogwartsLegacy.exe and select it (likely in C:\Program Files (x86 – \Steam\steamapps\common\Hogwarts Legacy)
6. Scroll down to “Control flow guard(CFG)”
7. Check the “Override System Settings” and toggle the “On” switch to “Off” switch.
8. Click “Apply”
9. Restart PC
Credit: here – [steamcommunity.comCredit: here – [steamcommunity.com
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/nvidia-dlss-dll/ – [techpowerup.com]
Share your opinions on our recent post, Hogwarts Legacy – FPS Boost Megathread Optimization, and let us know if there is anything we can do to enhance it or if there is an error; we will make the required modifications as soon as possible. We are quite grateful to you, and we wish you an enjoyable remainder of the day. To give credit where credit is due, I’d like to mention that an article written by Xerora inspired this guide. If you liked this post, you should check back regularly because we publish new information every day.
- All Hogwarts Legacy Posts List
Leave a Reply