The western versions of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters come with a truly AWFUL font.
Thankfully, the solution to fixing them is incredibly simple.
As you already know if you’re reading this, the western release of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters have an absolutely AWFUL font that makes them look unnecessary ugly… and an accessibility nightmare.
The solution to fixing it is hilariously simple!
(The video was originally created for FFI, but it works for all Pixel Remasters.)
Quick Video Guide
PLEASE NOTE: This should work for all languages. Simply replace the steps for the font_en file with the language file you want to use.
- Right click Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster in your Steam library
- Select “Browse Local Files”
- Navigate to FINAL FANTASY V_DATA/StreamingAssets
- Move font_en.bundle and font_en.manifest out of the folder
- Copy / Paste font_ja.bundle and font_ja.manifest
- DO NOT DELETE / MOVE THE ORIGINAL JA FILES!
- Rename font_ja.bundle – Copy to font_en.bundle
- Rename font_ja.manifest – Copy to font_en.manifest
And voila, you’re done! Simply load up the game and it should now be running with the much improved font, which is far less painful to look at and much easier to read.
If this helped you, please leave a rating and a comment letting me know that it worked!
Why The Default Font Is A Legitimate Accessibility Issue
Ever since the release of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters, one major problem has plagued them – the default font use in the non-Japanese versions.
A vocal minority has dismissed this complaint as nothing more than whining, but for visually impaired people such as myself it actually presents a legitimate accessibility problem. One that Square seems completely unwilling to acknowledge or fix.
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about FINAL FANTASY V – Video Guide – How To Fix The Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster Font; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All FINAL FANTASY V Posts List