If you happen to have a monitor that has a refresh rater higher than 60hz, and a GPU powerful enough push this game beyond 60hz, the game will actually increase in speed based on your performance and refresh rate. Meaning for example,
The stable framerate for this game should be 60fps.
So for example for capable GPUs reaching these, if you had a 120hz monitor, your game would be twice as fast. 240hz, 4 times as fast, and so on.
The game does not have a way to fix this built in, so I am going to show you step by step how to fix this issue as long as you have an Nvidia or AMD gpu installed with the correct software.
Fix for Nvidia cards
- Open up the Nvidia Control Panel software
- Go to “Manage 3D Settings”, which is located on the list on the left of the software
- On the right side, you will see 2 tabs for Global Settings and Program Settings. Select the Program Settings tab.
- Click the “Add” button, and this will populate a list of recently used programs.
- Wait a few seconds, and when the list populates, select the “FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Maiden of Black Water” application by double clicking on it.
- Under “Specify the settings for this program:” look for “Max Frame Rate” and click the option next to it that says “Use global settings” which is usually the default.
- Select “On” instead of “Use Global Settings”
- Move the FPS slider to “60”FPS, or simply type “60” in the box and click “OK”.
- Click apply in the Nvidia Control Panel window
Now you should be able to launch the game without any issues of the game running to fast.
Fix for AMD cards
<to be added>
This is all about FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Maiden of Black Water – WIP Guide – How to Increase FPS + Performance; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All FATAL FRAME / PROJECT ZERO: Maiden of Black Water Posts List