Do it automatically
I made a program that will do all of the things it needs to do for you:
If you want to do it manually, do the instructions below.
Bypassing the DRM (Modding!)
|The following was taken from https://steamcommunity.com/id/Generic_NPC/recommended/22370/.|
1. Copy the ‘Fallout_default.ini’ file from “Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty” and paste it in “Documents\My Games\Fallout3”.
2. Rename “Fallout_default.ini” “Fallout.ini”
3. Download “Games for Windows LIVE Disabler” on Nexus Mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/1086.
4. Extract the executable file and run it in “Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty”.
5. Play Fallout 3.
Embracing the DRM (Achievements!)
|Warning: Mods that require FOSE will not work, as FOSE disables LIVE due to it’s anti-cheat.|
1. Download the Games for Windows Live client here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24699
2. Install all of the files in here.
3. Open Fallout 3. Then, close it.
4. Download this registry file: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/24703
5. Run the file. You can check that it does nothing bad to your PC.
6. Open Fallout 3, then sign into your Microsoft Account.
7. This will take a while, around 10 minutes at worst. After that, enter in one of these product keys:
(Thank a popular piracy forum that I will not name for letting people who paid money actually..play the game)
8. It requires an update. Update it, then run Fallout 3 again.
9. Open Fallout 3, then sign into your Microsoft Account again.
10. You are done!
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Fallout 3 – Game of the Year Edition – How to Play This Game in 2021 – Beginners Guide; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition Posts List