This is a method to get the “Driver Exceptionnel” achievement very easily and quickly. There is a way to do only the routes on the base map (17 of them) and still get credit for the achievement. Instead of doing all 40 routes presently with the map DLCs included. (23 of the routes are in the DLCs.)
You must be careful with your main profile if you have map mods added. It will try to reset your navigation data when there are parts missing and possibly corrupt it.
I will clearly explain how to prevent that from happening.
Note: You can do this with a new profile instead. But then you would need to work your way through a new game until Special Transport jobs are unlocked. Or you could use a “jump start” mod.
(Some of you may say that you can just use the Save Game Editor on a new profile. I am strongly against using the SGE when it is not necessary! I take no responsibility if you do not know how to use it and accidentally corrupt your main profile. It is way easier and safer to do my steps below.)
Steps to follow
1) Make one or more saves in your game’s current state. I cannot emphasize this enough. Please save your game. You WILL need this for later if you wish to continue where you left off without problems. Memorize or write down the timestamp shown in the load screen.
> If you do not have any map mods added, you can skip to Step 3.
2) Quit to the Launchpad, enter the Mod Manager. (Either take screenshots of your load order, or take notes.) Then remove your map mods (you only have to remove mods that add something to the map), and click Confirm Changes.
3) (Do not go back into the game yet.) Exit the game and go to your Steam Library, Right-click “Euro Truck Simulator 2” and select “Properties”
4) Go to the DLC tab and uncheck only the map DLCs. It doesn’t matter if you have all of them. You only need to uncheck it if you actually have it.
Vive la France !
Beyond the Baltic Sea
Road to the Black Sea
(You do not need to uncheck everything. Only the map addition DLCs.)
5) Close the Properties box and please wait for the game to update before continuing. (i.e. Watch the downloads screen.)
6) Launch the game, and launch your profile.
7) When it is loading, you will get the “Updating Navigation Data” message. But as long as you did Step 1, no need to worry.
8) You will now be in your familiar profile with only the base map activated. So you only need to do the first 17 Special Transport routes listed in Xeeran’s Guide – [steamcommunity.com] .
9) When you are done, exit the game and verify that you got credit for the achievement. (Look at your achievements page, it may not refresh until you have exited the game completely.)
Putting everything back to normal
Now it’s time to put everything back the way it was.
10) Make sure you have exited the game, and go back into Steam Library/ETS2/Properties/DLC tab once more.
11) Re-check everything that you unchecked before, and close the Properties box. (Again, wait for the game to update/watch downloads screen)
12) Launch the game, but….
> If you did not have any map mods to remove, skip to Step 14.
13) If you had to remove map mods, go into the Mod Manager now and add them back in. Using your screenshots or notes as a reference to put them in the correct order, and Confirm Changes.
14) Launch your profile. You will again get the “Updating Navigation Data” message.
15) Once your profile has loaded, go to Save & Load, Load Game, and select the save that matches the timestamp you recorded earlier. If everything was done correctly, you will not get the “Updating Navigation Data” message.
Congratulations! You finished the “Driver Exceptionnel” Achievement in less than half the time it normally would take.
BTW, this is my first guide and it isn’t perfect. If you have any suggestions to make it better (example: I will probably be adding images later), please feel free to give me feedback. Thanks.
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about Euro Truck Simulator 2 – Tips How to Get (Driver Exceptionnel) Achievement Guide; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!
- All Euro Truck Simulator 2 Posts List