Guide to help people through Endzone: A World Apart for the first few seasons!
Complete the Tutorial
Endzone – A World Apart has a steep learning curve, if you’ve played Frostpunk you’ll understand.
However, the tutorial can take a few hours to complete since it covers everything in the game.
The tutorial has audio features so someone talks to you step by step so you’re not reading through what to do but you can skip this.
Water and Food Management
Water and food is the most vital part of the game for your settlement to thrive, having a good balance throughout is the key objective for a health population.
- It’s important to have a variety of food sources which will increase your “Rich food” this will help increase your population confidence, meaning happy settlers.
- Multiple water sources is key.
- Wells will benefit during droughts and will bring clean water.
- Pastures and farms are reliable source of food if water levels are spare.
Managing House Happiness
Having your settlement live near industrial areas will create chaos, who wants to live next to a noisy scrapyard?
This is why it’s important to plan where you’re going to place your “cabins” for your settlers to live and where to place “negative” buildings early on.
The Happier your settlers, the more your settlement will thrive.
One thing to mention on this, you can place “Shelter” near the negative buildings and place decorations to balance the happiness, this will help a good chunk of your population to live near their jobs.
Roads can be placed for your settlers to increase their speed which increases production.You can see where your settlers are moving around.
You can also place Power-lines on roads later in the game.
Your settlement is always evolving with different needs, so watch out whats happening.
When ever a drought is happening, there’s no reason to have people fishing so a little micro-management is involved early game or even late game.
Take advantage of the professions and increase certain jobs around when you’re in need of certain materials.
Know when to expand
constantly building cabins will eventually cause you trouble unless you use birth control. It’s important to keep an eye on your population and whether or not you’re keeping up with whats needed.
- Running Out of tools
If you need certain items making faster, create another building, for example, need more tailor shops or recycler as this will increase your population needs.
You don’t want to expand too quickly and you don’t want to fall behind too.
The trading post which can be found under logistics will bring in traders to show their hot air balloons.
- Herbs and medicine easy to farm
- unique resources
- animals not native to your region
- New seeds
You’ll want to pause the game straight away and find out where the nearest water source is, where to place your housing and where to place your negative buildings(Industrial buildings)
Check areas with radion by clicking the radiation overlay but bare in mind, this changes with weather and seasons.
- Set a “Gather all” task at a nearby forest, this will keep resources coming in with your idle settlers.
- keeping atleast 2-3 settlers as builders
- Build a Jetty at the nearest lake. (Water source)
- build a cistern close to the jetty. (Increases work production and stores water.)
- Assign 2 settlers as Water carriers.
- Build Fishermans hut and assign 2 settlers.
You will get a warning with incoming drought, you can increase these professions to increase your stock before the drought happens, this is ideal if you’re running low.
- Build 2 recyclers close to van but not close to your cabins or area where your cabins will be placed. Set them to cloth Set 2 settlers for this profession
- Build a Forester’s Lodge
- Build charcoal Kiln
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Endzone – A World Apart – Basic Gameplay + Tips + Walkthrough, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Endzone - A World Apart Posts List