“Man selfish. Man Thrall” -Sun Tzu
Funny Story. Anyhow. Check the sections for identification tips. Hope the humour wasn’t too boring for you turbo nerds.
II. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
When you’re not a Thrall, you have to contribute. Contributing according to your role is the best way. However it’s not a strange occurrence for speed-runners to just do the task of (example) the engineer and collect coal for the boiler. This is generally a good thing to expect of others, despite their roles -they should contribute with either food, coal or useful tools. Contribute anything a Thrall will toss in to the ocean.
Suspicion & Scepticism should always kick in when somebody strays in to the far mist of the ice plains for minutes, and upon return they contribute nothing. Thralls generally try to get the best loot ASAP, unless they want to blend in. They will seldom scout far to plant totems too(which empowers their charm abilities).
So generally speaking, use the following thought gymnastics to identity thralls(or come to troubleshoot ‘who’s the Thrall’):
- Was player X on the ship? | Yes/No | If yes, most likely not a thrall. If no, proceed to next question.
- What was player X looting for? | What ever the answer is, ask the next question.
- Does player X have a reasonable amount of items which he proclaimed he looted? | Yes/No | If yes, most likely not a thrall. If no, most probably a thrall. Proceed to next question.
- Does player X have a sufficient excuse for not having a reasonable amount of items proclaimed? | Yes/No | Sufficient excuses are wolf/charm attacks/poisoning/starvation/hypothermia, ask for at least two alibis. If it doesn’t match up and there’s no alibis. Leave him be in cell until the crew is 100% sure of who the thralls are(and it’s not them).
This general section will be updated more. Just waiting for my covid to cure.
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Dread Hunger – Tips on How to Identify Thralls in Dead Hunger, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Dread Hunger Posts List